1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Back to Hawkins! :)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by MadMax, Mar 22, 2005.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2018952

Chicago Cubs closer Joe Borowski will be out three to four weeks after suffering a hairline crack in his right wrist while fielding a comebacker Monday, The Chicago Tribune reported.

Borowski, who missed the final four months of the 2004 season, won't likely see big league action until mid-May.

With Borowski down, LaTroy Hawkins, who blew nine of 34 save opportunities last year, will be the top candidate to fill in. There's also an outside chance non-roster invitee Chad Fox could fill the spot.

The Cubs did get good news on another pitching front. Right-hander Kerry Wood could take the mound Thursday or Friday, Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild told the Chicago Sun-Times.

With a positive outing, Wood would make another start next week and be prepared to start in the first week of the season.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yay... La Toya is back.

The Cubs would have been in a better position to just go after a closer this off-season, and not put so much emphasis on trading Sosa.

3. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

I'm torn... On one hand i love hearing news that hurts the Cubs. On the other hand, i drafted Borowski for my fantasy team just last night. Hopefully Billy Wagner can pick up the slack. :)

4. fya

fya Member

La Toya will be getting booed by the second week, hahahah I love it. Cubs fans and Mutts fans are the worst and DESERVE the pain. They talk trash on EVERY single astro's website.

5. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

If the Cubs were one of the teams to beat this would be great news....but since they probably wont make the playoffs either, its fairly irrelevant. I have never been a Borowski fan anyway...I wouldnt be shocked to see the Cubbies grab Billy Koch.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

NJ, you don't know who the team to beat is ultimately gonna be. last year, everyone thought it would be the cubs. it wasn't.

and it's always good news if you're a cub-hatah.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Bada bada ba ba....
    I'm lovin this!

:)