1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beltran hears first boos from Mets fans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 11, 2005.

1. superden

superden Contributing Member

whatever, i hope he sucks it up for the next 7 years...

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Mercenary??? that's silly

This isn't a Pippen situation. Beltran was traded to Houston. He didn't choose to be here and when his contract was up, he went somewhere he wanted to be. He paid his dues. Drayton may have been played by Boras, but that's on Drayton not Beltran. If I were at the Mets first game here I would give Beltran a standing ovation for helping this franchise finally win a playoff series.

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I didn't want to say this during the process, but a guy that hits . 267 while playing at MM is not worth that much money.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Wrong. Beltran is Boras' boss. Whatever Boras did in the offseason falls squarely on the shoulders of Beltran.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Drayton is a self made billionaire baseball owner. If he was duped in a negotiation, its his fault.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If there wasn't an ass there (sent by his boss) to do the duping, then he wouldn't have been duped. Beltran and Boras are asses.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Beltran and Boras aren't responsible for Drayton and the Astros. Its ridiculous that fans actually blame them for the Astros hanging themselves out to dry.

8. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

You are a much better person than I am :) If you ask me, Beltran's return to Minute Maid Park should resemble Chuck Knoblauch's return to the Metrodome as a Yankee (when the fans were chunking so much stuff at Knoblauch that Twins manager Tom Kelly walked out to CF to tell the Twins' fans to knock it off).

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yup, it's ridiculous to hold those who did the duping responsible for what they did. :rolleyes:

I can admit that Drayton got taken, but that doesn't mean you still can't blame those who did it in the first place.

10. drapg

drapg Member

I can't wait to heckle the **** out of Beltran.

Of course, I'm also rewarding the 'Stros by purchasing tickets for a game I normally wouldn't have gone too...

Talk about your Catch-22

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I would never actually throw anything at anyone at a sporting event. I was being sarcastic.

12. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

can't wait to buy my brand of batteries.

13. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

14. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

You have just given all of us the best idea yet, my friends and i will go to that game and throw monopoly money when he goes to bat, i hope we're not too drunk and start throwing real money by mistake.