1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 3/13/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 12, 2005.

1. mraznb0i

mraznb0i Member

well it's an AP story so its hard even for them to get that wrong, but all they had to do was look at the boxscore to get it right and they couldn't even do that.

2. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

True.

3. hurst

hurst Member

San Antonio is wrong, Timmy was not out, only Manu was out due to he clashed into Yao's knee.

4. ctseng0

ctseng0 Contributing Member

You be old school! I was thinking exactly the same thing. 'course, being like maxwell can be good, and it can be very, very bad....

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

That was complete and utter bulls***. Bibby clearly got Yao's wrist as he went up for the shot. I can't believe that not only did he not get called for a foul, but Bibby actually got credit for a block on that play. :mad:

6. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

good point. However just the way we've been playing, you can tell we're at a high level. pretenders don't jump out to a large lead against top teams, and I almost expect us to do that every game. Even against the Spurs last time, we had a large lead in the second half before we blew it. and that was with Strickland running the point. We've unique in the nba in having so many reliable offensive weapons as well as great defense. I dunno if we can beat the spurs but we'll go far this year.

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

This team is looking more like worldbeaters everyday! :D
    If we continue playing like this I can't see us losing to any team. It's funny how march is suppose to be our roughest month and we're 5-1 through the hardest part...last year we always seemed to crumble during these stretches, thank goodness that era is over. :)

8. ikfit

ikfit Member

I blame Sura's back, if he was no out for these games we maybe already 4th now:D MJ is great great, can CD find more?

9. Nikonism

Nikonism Member

I am all for it , but we probably need to find a rebounding 4 first. Deke is not going be around forever , we need to get prepared for that too.

10. danielf

danielf Contributing Member

Why, when Shaq is waiting in the wings?;)

11. regionalwall

regionalwall Contributing Member

A truely euphoric weekend. Friday's win plus natioally televised big win today plus staying busy downloading the Phoenix game. Most rewarding weekend as a Rox fan.

12. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

If only A-Train was alive to see this.

13. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

Some stats wizard help confirm this, please: Al Michaels said of the Phoenix win that the Rockets were only the 2nd NBA team ever to trail by as many as 4 in the 4th and post a 20+ pt win.

And were the only road team to ever do it.

And the capper is that the only other team to do it -- the home team -- was the early-70's San Diego Rockets (with NBA coaches Pat Riley and Rick Adelman on the bench), before they even moved to Houston.

That is too sweet if it's true. Just goes to show that not ever being able to count the Rockets out is not a new phenomenon. Can someone help chase this down?

14. Nikonism

Nikonism Member

You gotta love the optimism these days , when people start fancying that shaq will automatically shrink his ego and play along side with yao :)

15. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Not to sound cocky, but Rockets is now really a headache for every team. Yes, every team, no exception. Previously, everyone knows that we are a good defensive team, but they could still outshoot us, because our lack of offense. But now, we can out shoot anybody, and put on a tough defense on every team to make it difficult for them. To beat us, they really have to come up with something special to beat us offensively AND defensively. It's no longer possible to "double yao and tmac, and let the rest beat us". Well, they got news, the rest will beat them cleanly, coz we have shooters now. If they honor our premieter shooting, single cover Yao or TMac, those two will punish them, big time. Earlier, I was very worried to play Dallas, Suns, or Seattle, now I am not, not at all. Although we beat Dallas without their scorers, beat Suns without Marion, I am impressed with the way we beat them - we outplayed them. Now, I would say, we have a fair chance to play complete teams, like Spurs and Heats. Those run-and-gun teams, like Sac? They never had a chance today. They would have less as this team define themselves. Are we a team with great players requiring time to gel? News for the league, we geled faster than they hoped, and now we might officially turn the corner and become contenders, or at least the team to beat in the West. Great win today.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why do you need additional confirmation? Michaels said it on a few occasions today. Believe it. It's true.

17. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

SEATTLE: A tough win on the road against the 3rd best team (record-wise) in the West without their starting PG.

SAN ANTONIO: Won both with both players playing.

PHOENIX: DO you actually think he would have made THAT big a difference? Maybe they would have won by 10 instead of 20, but they, and Yao, played too well for him to alter the outcome.

SAC-TOWN: Again, do you seriously think he would have made THAT big a difference?

The Truth? How about the FABRICATION!

P.S. Good week by Yao = no Charvo! Me likes! :)

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I find it Utterly Idiotic how tha national media are still painting JVG as a slowdown half court trap team type. but the more i see the more i Notice he is urging the guys to run more and creat alot more fast breaks. i think as the season has moved and i think JVG has Sucessfully evolved his game plan so it suits the tools he has. all i hear is how good sura or parise for tracy. but the real praise should be for Coach Gundy.

19. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

GREAT WIN... Just got home and I always sleep better when we win like this...

20. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

shucks just a bit off =P