1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

for fun: whats the first rockets game you ever went to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cuneo77, Mar 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

1988 Rockets vs Denver Nuggets at the Summit.

Sat all the way at the top and by the end of the game i walked basically on the court to hear the last buzzer....it was quite an experience and the first game i was taken to by my father.

2. Manuel Romney

Manuel Romney Contributing Member

11-9-89 against the Nuggets... I can't remember if we won or lost though.:(

3. littlefish_220

2003 @Oakland

Rox won; Yao in foul trouble (not changed over two years:( ); Cato has a great game

4. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

1992, season ending game, can't remember who the team was though.

5. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

1999-2000 season, don't know what day particularly, but francis' return to vancouver. don't remember who won, don't really care, i just remember boo-ing the guy all game long and seeing others throw stuff throughout the game.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Just remembered my first game was back in 1998.

Growing up in Saudi Arabia didn't give me many chances to see any Rockets games let alone attend some.

In 1998 we moved back to the US for 2 years and that's when I began going to the games.

7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

When I was about 4, my dad would take me to games at Hofheinz around 1974.

8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This season, preseason against the Heat, Rockets won by double digits.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

1988 at la first time i saw dream play live and first game i've ever went to and the love fest for the rockets hasnt stopped since then

10. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

My 17th birthday, February 14, 1995 (trade deadline day) against the Clippers.

Yep, that was the day we traded for Clyde "The Glyde" Drexler.

My mom and brother got there before me and my dad and I remember my brother (11 at the time) telling me they announced the trade for Drexler on the PA before I got there. I was like "Haha, yea right! Good one!!"

Of course, he was right. So, the team was under-manned because of the trade as well as Hakeem out injured, so we lost.

But, I was able to witness first hand a big part of Rocket history when Glyde & Tracy Murray walked into a standing-ovation.

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

January 18, 1994: Loss to Boston Celtics 95-83.

Got me hooked though.:D

12. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Ha, I can't remember what exactly or when it happened. It was sometime in the early 90's. I know it was a Knicks game, but I'm not even sure if that was the first game I was at. I remember they were called the Knickerbockers back then by the announcer and on the scoreboard. I have no idea if the Rockets won or not, but they probably did.

13. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

1992 wsa the year, I was 11 yrs old and my Dad loaded the whole family and we went to the Summit. The Rockets lost that game by a slim margin to the Supersonics. But I feel in love with the Rockets and the game of basketball!

14. Remix

Remix Member

January 28 2005, it was aganist the spurs and we won. Lowest scoring game ever, it was like 28-30 at the half. I still had fun though. :D

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

In Fancy's first year at Golden State. Chuck and Dream were out with injury (I was pissed that I didn't get to see the HOFers). We got significant minutes from Bill Curley and Pig Miller. Since it was a game at the Warriors, it was a victory for the Rockets of course. The Wiz and Pig autographed my Rockets hat.

16. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Great story DFW! ROLMAO :D

Mine was in '78 at the Summitt , I was only 8 at the time - no idea who we played, but I remember either that year or the next they had a promo where they let you meet the players on the court and get autographs back when Moses and Calvin were still playing. Who knows what ever happened to the autographs.

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Mine was the 1992-93 season if I'm not mistaken. Against the T-Wolves...it was only a week or so before Cheney got fired and Rudy took over. I'm pretty sure we lost the game...but that was the season I really got into the Rockets.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm from Pittsburgh, my 1st Rockets game was this year at Cleveland. Myself & a couple buddies of mine made the drive & saw a Rockets win.:D

19. fya

fya Member

1997 Bulls and MJ....

20. Mr. Bruno

Mr. Bruno Member

It was 1977 and I was in college. A friend got four tickets from his father's company; however, only three of us went to the game. The Rockets played the Knicks. Before entering the game, we scalped the extra ticket and used the money to buy beer. Back then the Rockets had a deal that if they scored more than 120 points in a game, you could take the ticket stub to Church's Fried Chicken and get a free dinner. Of course the Rockets scored more than 120 points. This was heaven for a college student, free ticket to a game, free drunk, free dinner!