1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron or T-MAC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mtran6, Feb 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. crimsonice

crimsonice Member

Actually.. Melo was measured at 6' 6 1/4 without shoes, and Lebron was measured 6'7 something without shoes. So he is a good inch/inch and a half taller than Melo.

The NBA tends to measure players with shoes on so their heights are inflated. That's why they list Melo at 6'8 or JRich at 6'6 (he's actually 6'4 without shoes)

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

T-Mac is a really really really good player. He may even be great, but I don't think he'll ever reach the plateau of one of the true greats like Jordan, Bird, Magic, Dream, Oscar Robertson, Wilt etc... I consider him closer to the level of Dominque Wilkens - a great player any team would be fortunate to have and any fan fortunate to see, but still an after thought when mentioning the truly great ones. T-Mac could still get to the level of the great ones. He's certainly still young enough, but I don't really expect him to do it.

I expect Lebron James to be the greatest basketball player in NBA history. I really do. I've completely swallowed every bit of hype they've spoon fed us and I don't care. That guy is unbelievable. I'd take Lebron James over anybody now or from the past. ANYBODY!

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Lebron. Best player in the world and he's 6'10"

Definitely NOT 6'10...He's not another "Charles Barkley Theory" where they listed him at 6'6, but he's really 6'4.

And I'd take T-Mac. I love watching that guy play. He;s a scorer. Not that LeBron isn't...he's just a pass first-shoot second type of player.

4. alaskansnowman

I'm sorry but you'd have to be a fool to take Tmac over Lebron.

The man is putting up better numbers than Tmac while being about 5 or 6 years younger.

The only way you take Tmac is if you are talking about only the next season or two simply because Tmac has more experience. But if you're talking about who to build your team around for the next decade, the answer is easily EASILY Lebron.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LeBron, easily

6. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

1'6" smarter too. :D

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

LeBron, no question. For those of you who are picking T-Mac, ask yourselves this: If LeBron was a Rocket and T-Mac on another team, would you trade LeBron for T-Mac?

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

From this picture from last year lebron looks about an inch taller but it could be the shoes or camera angle. However tmac is in front in this picture.

[​IMG]

9. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

If LeBron was a Rocket, would trade him for anyone? No...but...

If TMac was a Rocket would I trade for LeBron? No. Why? Because he's ours, and I love my Rockets! :D

I'll do this even If we win 2 Titles w/TMac...and LB goes on to win 3. I just can't just give up on TMac this soon just because LJ will be a big time player in the future.

Big Time = Wins Rings.

Now, lets go get 4 rings with Tmac/Yao leading the way! :D

#69 DavidS, Feb 13, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  10. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

I say TMAC for right now. LBJ if its for the future. Just because right now TMAC is one of those guys who when he gets hot it doesnt matter if you throw the kitchen sink at them, he will score on anybody from anywhere (see Spurs).

James is gonna be great but I dont think right now he really single handedly can win games all by himself. TMAC on the other hand we know can.

I'm glad we have TMAC.

11. mtran6

mtran6 Contributing Member

Lebron is younger and T-Mac is several years older. Experience is on T-Mac, but that doesn't rule out Lebron not being able to take over a game.

Lebron is a clear choice, only because he's younger. Both guys have pretty much the same stat, but for Lebron, it seems like the skies the limit. It's almost like you have to look hard to find his weaknesses, and if there is, it looks like he can only get better....BIG TIME!

12. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

this is r****ded..... of course he averages 7 assists...w/ the cavs..
    If you had Zydrunas, and a bruiser in Gooden... who also averages 10 pts...imagine if we had a consistent hard-nosed 4 who could make a damn layup instead of an outside shooting juwan howard? Not to mention they're in the damn east coast..I wonder how many points and assists we'd average if always played eastcoast teams... what a joke.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't recall that same logic from you with Francis. But, I guess since T-Mac is way better than SF and LBJ and T-mac aren't much different, the situation isn't the same.

14. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Exactly, the main reason is that both LJ and Tmac are bad-ass-mo-fos! :)

Top 3 sooner or later.

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

T-MAC the best option.

16. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I have to go with TMac, Lebron is an amazing player, but when T-Mac wants to take over, there is absolutely nothing that the man can't do. I live in Orlando and have been watching him for a few years now, the man was never a dissapointment, when he started complaining it was valid; he has otherwise conducted himself in an exeplary way. Atleast in my opinion, he is the perfect player.

17. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Also I should mention, TMac did put up better numbers when he was in Orlando, he just wants to be a team player now, which is great for us, you can't complain about his numbers when he is doing it to better his team, we all know that he's a scoring champion when he wants to be.

18. buddry

buddry Member

Easy. LeBron everyday and twice on Sundays.

19. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

T-Mac was the youngest player in the history of the NBA to win a scoring title. He is special in his own rights. He has bailed us out many many times with clutch shooting. I dont know how clutch of a player LBJ is, or can become. I'll I know is that the grass is always greener on the other side. Tmac fits our team, why mess that up?

20. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Lebron, and I love Tmac.