1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can anyone stop Allen Iverson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tonaaayyyy, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Sam Mitchell told ESPN he doesn't think anyone can stop Iverson.

I can name a few... Mobley! :D

2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I was going to say his sub .400 shooting percentage but after looking it up its back up to .413 this season.

3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Well people always point to his sub .400 shooting percentage but if you looked at how he played during the Olympics, you realize how good he could be if he gotten some real help. All he needed was a side-kick and he would've been fine, but that's not gonna happen and he'll always be forced to take the last shot, the tough shot, the shot that he have to take because the shot clock is running down.

4. yaozilla1

yaozilla1 Member

bruce bowen

5. Rocketman15

Rocketman15 Member

The Cops have before

6. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

In all seriousness, the answer is no. I've been to 4 Sixers games in the past two weeks, and I can tell you that AI can get past his man and into the lane whenever he wants. His first step is just that good.

Problem is, he doesn't always take smart shots. He's his own worst enemy in some ways ... plus the fact that he's never really had any help.

7. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Cat+ did a fine job on him last year, IIRC. They were really shutting down the SGs for a stretch there though, and forced TMac to look horrible a couple of times as well.

9. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

We also had Yao looking at Cat's back then.

A.I. dropped 58 on Cat and Francis in 01-02 season.

10. fya

fya Member

Deke's elbow.