1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Will MoT Be Moved Before The Trade Deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shawn786, Feb 8, 2005.

?

Will MoT be moved before the deadline?

1. Yes

245 vote(s)
    63.3%
  2. No

142 vote(s)
    36.7%
  1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I know Maloney comes off the books this year if i am not mistaken.

Turkan was a drafted rookie but he never came here i don't believe we even gave him a contract

And if you were joking about everyone else that i can't remember just ignore my post lol :D

2. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

As long as Dawson is the GM the only cornerstones we'll draft are going to be for some franchise in the second Turkish division, where some desperate owner will think that signing a former NBA draft pick will somehow sell tickets, only to see his coach getting slwoly insane trying to run plays for them... Yes, I am talking about you Bostjan, that's what the future says...

3. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

OK, you are saying that passing on a future All-Star for Micheal Dickerson, Bryce Drew and Mirsad Turckan, when the said future All-Star wanted badly to come and play for us and hardly even scrimaged for other teams happens all the time? And that the GM would keep his job afterwards?
    Dawson is easily the least competent GM in the league. Even Elgin Baylor is better than him, he just doesn't have the budget. Gary St Jean was probably worse than CD but he didn't last long, did he...

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Dale Davis for Mo Taylor would be a good deal for the Rockets, even if you had to throw in Gaines. The Rockets need a lunchpail type PF next to Yao and for this year Davis would provide that. Then the Rockets are out of Taylor's contract for good come the offseason, allowing them more leeway to go get a Swift type PF in FA. That is better than taking back a bad contract but getting a future pick down the road. The only way that works is if a bad team is dumb enough to trade a non protected lotto pick for him, but that's beyond unlikely.

If the Warriors would go for a Taylor-Davis swap, I'd be hitting the accept button if I was Houston.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

The future is always in motion. Mo T could very well rejuvenate with the Rockets. Things change fast in the nba.

6. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

Find someone that can guard Duncan, Webber..then Rox will be very solid.

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

Dickerson was a good pick coming out of college. One of the fastest basketball players I've ever seen. He even had a pretty good rookie season with the rockets. It was unfortunate his career got derailed by injuries.

Bryce Drew got drafted cause he hit that one lucky shot in the NCAA tournament. I never liked that pick.

I screamed at the TV and threw the remote when the rockets drafted Mirsad Turksan. I still dont like talking about that pick cause I get upset. That was a head scratcher. The rockets dont do to well drafting European players. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

This is WISHfull thinking here...

Trade away MoT for New Jersy's trade exception. Most of us here know Mo has some skills and he would most likley do wonders for a eastern team. Seeing how NJ has no post player & wants to make the playoffs this would be the right move for them... Houston gets a trade exception which could help them land S. Swift in the offseason with a sign and trade deal with the Grizz!

One again WISHfull thinking :)

9. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

You guys must be smoking from the same blunt as MoTa.....:eek:

10. Bad"r"

Bad"r" Member

And Lamar Odom

11. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Gosh I hope so.....his latest sound bites coupled with his effort in the game(or lack thereof) would explain why he is on the IL and probably is on the trading block. I would pull that trigger with Portland if for no other reason but just to get rid of Mo and sure up our guard depth.

12. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Oh sure, find a guy that can guard Odom, Webber, and Duncan,...sounds easy enough. While we're at it, find a guy that can guard KG, Shaq, or LeBron,...c'mon now, I'm all for getting a guy that will rebound and take some fouls for Yao, allowing him to free up and just guard one guy at a time, but let's be realistic, we're only talking about trading MoT here right? It's not like the guys an all-star (or even a starter). We'd be lucky to get Dale Davis. MoT is NOT a good player, he's a big guy that's soft, no rebounding, no defense, a decent jump-shooter (isn't that what guards are for,...unless you're European of course :D ) The guy has some potential, but he's not 22 with a cheap contract, he's already getting paid more than a lot of guys that are considered busts (no names in particular of course). I just hope management doesn't give away next years 1st rounder too in any deal that just get's us another old Knick with a year left (not just on his deal, in his career). Me, negative,...nah,....just being realistic.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

How about Deke and MoT for Cassell and Kandi? Minnesota supposedly wants to dump the 35 year old Cassell for playing with minimal effort due to his request for a contract extension. His numbers are way down this year. His contract runs through next year, but he would be off the books a year earlier than MoT. Deke for Kandi would be advantage TWolves, given Deke is a better player, and is off the books this summer. Kandi gets paid more, and he has another year on his deal.

14. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

If you find that guy, chances are he is a franchise player (Wallace) that nobody would get rid of for MoT.

15. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Now this is wishfull thinking! Your telling me Minni is gona trade away Cassell for MoT? Have you fergotten that this guy made the allstar team last year? The only reason he is playying bad is becuase of his injuries. Im sure if they had a chance they would trade him but it would be for alot more tallent than MoT

16. supermandan

supermandan Member

stupid rockets....still cant believe they passed up on RASHARD LEWIS. they could have made it up the other year when he was a free agent....but they blew it again! screw the rockets!

17. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

amen to that! i was just about to post that :)

18. a-rock

a-rock Member

here we go again....

19. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Didn't 28 or however many other teams there were in the league at the time also pass on Lewis? I agree, passing on Lewis was a huge mistake, but one that everone made as well. I was pissed especially after they told him they would take him, but it's not the first mistake and certainally doesn't make CD the worst GM in the league. I like his recent moves even though I questioned the Wesley deal.

Hindsight is 20/20, Portland drafting Bowie over Jordan, H-Town drafting McCray over Drexler, Wesley wasn't even drafted, the list goes on and on....

20. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2005020910&prov=ap

"Houston forward Maurice Taylor, who's been on the injured list since Jan. 18, was not in his usual spot on the bench for Wednesday night's game. Taylor was initially placed on the list with the flu but remains there with plantar facsiitis. He was averaging 7.8 points and 4.3 rebounds in 38 games, including 16 starts."

maybe hes gone already?