1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dogs or Cats

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pirc1, Feb 8, 2005.

Tags:
?

Cats or Dogs

1. Cats

27 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Dogs

63 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Since there so many pet posts. Which one do you like better? I picked the cat because they are easier to raise. My kitten is extremely friendly but too curious sometimes. She almost burned herself jumping on the range yestarday!

Mark

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Without hesitation, dogs. I have never been a cats person.

3. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

I'll choose Dogs, but in all honesty I love cats and always wanted a cat (to hang out with my dog too), but unfortunately I am deathly allergic to cats. Without knowing I was allergic, I house sat 3 cats and 2 dogs for the weekend...three days later I was in the ER room. Anyways...I'll be waiting one day for the hypo-allergenic cat...whoo-hoo!

4. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Dogs

and then an Iguana or two.

5. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Cats but I like dogs too

6. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I'd love to have a dog, but don't have the time to commit to it. Cat's are low maintenance. I've had a Persian kitty for 10 years now and she is one of a kind.

If I had to do it all of again, I would not have picked a long haired cat.

7. Fatty FatBastard

I grew up with dogs. I had a cat in college for about a year, but gave him to a friend and have had one dog since graduating, but he was stolen.

I'm a dog guy, but I'm holding off on another pet at the moment.

8. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I like both but cats are easier.

I would like a dog if a had enough land, like living out in the country etc. Dogs are just too much trouble, like having a kid. Cats can take care of themselves. If I go out of town for the weekend, I don't have to worry about them.

9. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Dogs... I had a cat that decided it was going to pee in the carpet right by my front door. We replaced the padding, had it cleaned multiple times and the smell remains. We got rid of the cat but until we replace the actual carpet, she'll always be with us.

10. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I'd say dogs. By and large, most dogs are going to be friendly and sociable (at least to their master). But with cats, it's always a gamble. You could get a cat that's friendly, but you could also get a cat that will scratch you if you get within 3 feet (like I have, ugh).

11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

We have both and I have learned to love our Cat. I didnt think I was a cat person until we adopted one and he has such a personality that you cant help but love the little guy

12. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I love cats and have two of them. Dogs are too much damn trouble...

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I like dogs but they stink. You can keep them inside, you can bathe them 10 times a day, but they are still going to stink. I don't want my house, furniture, and clothes smelling like dog.

Cats are great. Low maintenance, self sufficient, clean etc. I love cat's personalities. They're so laid back and care free. They just don't give a ****. All they want to do is eat sleep and play. You gotta respect that.

14. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Cats are pure evil.

15. buddry

buddry Member

Cats all the way...dogs are way too needy.

16. Isabel

Isabel Member

I didn't vote because I like both and didn't want to have to pick. The one I actually keep in my house is a cat, because it's lower maintenance. But I enjoy playing with other people's dogs. :)

I like friendly animals, especially if they're the kind that can make friends with new people. Cats and dogs can both be like that. Or not. Depends on the individual.

17. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Which is exactly why I love dogs. Because they NEED their owners they need companionship, love, playtime, petting, and walks - dogs will take that any time an owner gives it.

Cat's don't need anything (except maybe food and water) from their owners... They just want **** from their owners when it fits their whim; they don't need to be played with, they don't need to be petted, they don't need companionship - but they'll come and get those things when they want it.

That being said, I like cats too, I'd just never own one.

18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Seems like Clutch Site is a dog site. Cat people are out numbered 2 to 1, how sad.:(

19. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Preach it!

20. Toast

Toast Member

Cats make my allergies go crazy.