1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting Salary for Energy Trader

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr. Clutch, Jan 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Tyree

Tyree Member

o ok was under impression you were at an accounting firm now? was suggesting another one if interested...

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Sorry I misunderstood. I am not with an accounting firm now, I am doing accounting related stuff for an energy company. I was actually thinking of going to one until this trading position came up.

3. Tyree

Tyree Member

well if your interested in doing accounting stuff, the firm i work with is hiring im pretty sure since busy seasons coming up and they have energy clients as well as all different types of businsses if your interested in continuing down that path...let me know if u want me to send u an email, the one associated with this account isnt one i use.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i live in austin and i work for a stock trading company that hires people with no experience trading. however it is only commission...no salary.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind.

6. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

hey robbie, where do you work at?? i also live in austin and work for a stock trading company. also commission only and no salary.

jeff

7. synergy

synergy Member

i also live in houston, and i work as the head stock trader for a hedge fund here. you dont necessarily need to be on wall street to play the markets. there are plenty of stock trading firms and funds in houston. i dont know if they are hiring or not but there are some major players out there in the stock world here in houston.

have you ever considered forex trading. its a hell of alot more fun than all those other types of trading( stock, energy...)

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Alright, I need somebody who wants to make a lot of money quickly.

By chance I happen to be in the market to hire a trading analyst for a 3 month project, with a chance that it extends longer. I'm trying to find a consultant to come help implement some basic trading analytics for petroleum products/crude/natural gas. You'll need some energy trading or very closely related experience.

Details:
    Where: The job is in Connecticut
    How long: 3 months (could extend to 6/12/18 depending on how the project goes)
    Pay: Rates in the $85-100/hr range for someone with good experience, ability to learn the business quickly, and implement intelligent processes and analytics
    Starting as soon as possible but defnitely in the next 8 weeks

If you're interested or know somebody who is, post your email address and I'll get in touch with you.

9. Tyree

Tyree Member

wonder if someone at my company could do that....shoot me an email describing a littler more about location and all...have people in conneticut
    dstein@uhy-mfsl.com

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

zonetrading...u?

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

hey so how well do u do forex trading? is it easier than trading stocks? i hear people talk about it like its great but i've never traded forex.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Texxx, is this protege of yours going to mind the store as you prepare for our assault on Mount Baker in May (which, of course, is the prep for our ascent of Stok Kangri in Late July/early August)?
    :confused:

13. bigtexxx

Something about an angry liberal with an ice pick and spiked shoes gives me pause.

Are you sure May is going to work out? I thought you and B-Bob had scheduled a tour of San Francisco on a bicycle built for two then. :confused:

[​IMG]

14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Ha ha ha. The problem is both of those cyclists are too tall to be SamFisher! Ho ho ho!

CONQUERED

15. bigtexxx

?? How do you know how tall SamFisher is? If he's a small man then maybe I can stop doing all these delt workouts to help with his belay.

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Ho ho ho! You are talking to the best in the business. I know everything.

CONQUERED

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Jorge/Gollum, let's not get carried away with petty jealousy.

The dual mounting invite was extended to Texxx/Smeagol, I simply can't trust someone like you on my rope team.