1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rotoworld] Could Muhsin Muhammad go to the Texans?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rikesh316, Jan 23, 2005.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Not bad, but Plaxico hasn't shown any consistency. In fact, he looked like a bust (for a 1st rnd pick) until this year. And even this year, he hasn't shown an ability to go up for the ball...doesn't use his height very well. Poor possession guy. He wants to be teh deep, big threat...but he's not good at it. I'd stay away from SPIKE

2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Forget FA WRs. Forget drafting a receiver. Get Carr some help on the O line. We can't utilize the receivers we have, nobody has time to get deep, when we're sacked more than any AFC team except Miami.

3. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Look at his stats, he had a terrible rookie season and wasn't good this year, but the three seasons in between he put up pretty solid numbers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=5037

4. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I'd take Plexiglass over Muhsin. Plexiglass is a good receiver if someone throws him the ball. Muhsin had a huge year because Steve Smith broke his leg in week one.

I do not think the Texans wide receivers are the problem. The Texans need to upgrade the offensive line or it doesn't matter who the wide receivers are.

5. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

the money NEEDS to be spent on o-line and d-line this offseason. i hope seattle lets go walter jones so that the texans could pick him up. iirc he hasnt given up a sack in 2 years to date. i rather take burress over mushin simply b/c of age b/t the two players. both of them are great possession receivers but both them also have some injuries that makes gms look twice.

6. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

Muhammad was the go-to receiver every week and still was able to put up big stats. How is this a negative against him? True, Keary Colbert had a decent year, but with the passing attack obviously geared toward Muhammad - he still couldn't be stopped.

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

#'s are more solid than I remembered. But--that 1 big season was in the pass-happy breakout year of Maddox.

my biggest issue is that he has the height of a big receiver, he wants to be the deep threat because of that height...yet he doesn't know how to go up for it properly. He doesn't know how to use the height.

He's not a great possession guy over the middle or in the short game. He doesn't have spectacular hands.

Maybe with AJ on the other side as a huge threat he could do some damage, but I really don't think so.

8. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Ding, ding, ding.