1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, whos alone for Valentine's Day this year?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKMAN, Jan 23, 2005.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

and a day to get good nookie

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Last year I was with my girlfriend of 8 months. Have since broke up with her and gone through two more. I have another I'm looking to ask out, but I'm actually waiting specifically to avoid the whole Valentine's day thing. :D

3. esse

esse Contributing Member

Not at that point yet but........
    I'm getting bored with the relationship I'm in.:(

Its just too easy and well....just boring.
    Theres nothing to it anymore?
    Know what I'm sayin'?

4. Isabel

Isabel Member

Me! Everyone's probably surprised at that, but Ferdinand has to work that night. It's just as well. He probably gets out of it that way. He never did much except for getting me a card and maybe taking me to dinner on the (surprisingly few) Valentine's Days that one of us wasn't sick or busy or something. I got flowers the first couple of years. Hope I'm wrong, but I bet it's just a card and that's it this year.

So, for those of you out there trying to "top the last one", just date someone who has low self-esteem and then don't do much because you know there aren't really many consequences. Marry her before she finally figures it out.

Valentine's Day is overrated and exists to satisfy the vendors of greeting cards, flowers, and chocolates. I will happily be an "honorary single" this year, in solidarity with the rest of you in this thread. :D

5. Isabel

Isabel Member

That's probably smart. It's sad to say that you should wait to ask someone out for a silly reason like that... unless you've been through the awkwardness of trying to figure out how to do Valentine's Day when you're in a dating relationship but it's new or not serious yet.

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'll be alone, for the first time in over 10 years...Can't say I love it, however, I won't have to be overpriced roses...;)

Anyway, I'm dating someone, but its not serious and not sure if i actually have to do anything such as a small gift or flowers...

7. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

19 here.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

:(

I'll be alone I'm sure. Valentine's Day is a Monday so I'll probably be at rehersal that night anyway unless the rest of my married bandmember wuss out on me. :D

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Nah, every day is valentines day at my house.
    (awwww)

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm all alone, but Lindsay will keep my company.

Right Lindsay?

heh, She's just a little shy, as soon as you guys leave she'll be talking my head off you know how it goes.

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Best post in this thread.

And yes, smartasses, I will be alone (as usual) for this sh!tty holiday.:p :D

12. Isabel

Isabel Member

For Jeff and anyone else who has schedule conflicts on Valentine's Day: suggest that they (say, your married bandmates) agree to use the 13th or the 15th instead of the 14th. There are advantages, especially involving going out to eat. On the days we actually have been able to do something on the 14th, we have ended up at romantic places like the Golden Corral because the lines were too long everywhere else. For those making reservations, even then I'm not sure whether or not the offerings are up to standard... a lot of restaurants change their menu for that day. Sometimes we have put it off and gone somewhere on the 15th. Or made ourselves a nice home-cooked (or heated up) menu with "gourmet" ingredients. For once it would be nice if one of these things was his idea instead of mine, though.

Most overrated holiday of the year. :)

13. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Yeah, I always thought she was kind of annoying too, bro.

;)

14. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

Not me, Not this year. I'm gonna be with KY Jelly & her 10 friends(5 from the west, 5 five the eat).

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I think this year we are playing on the 12th and we generally don't reherse the Monday after a show. We'll see.

Either way, I expect to be hanging out at home doing a whole lotta nuthin' on V-Day. :)

16. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

As Mr. Marley would say...No woman, No Cry.

Will be a tear free VD for me.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yuppers, No Women... No VD.

Lynus - Lets cut the **** eh, you were only it in for that amazingly sweet set of melons M I RITE!!?!!????!///111 ;) ;) ;)

18. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I nomimate this for the the post of the thread!

19. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Otherwise known as SAD

As for me I'll just be getting back that day from flying from Asia. So I can't imagine I'll be much fun. Anyway my present honey lives halfway across the country and the soonest I see her will be at the end of the month. So lonely valentines day here too.

I'll be hung over from Chinese Year too so it probably will be no big deal.

20. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Ah someone who makes financial sense just like me. From my own observations (sample size 3), guys end up forking a lot of money for flowers, teddy bears and chocolates at inflated prices. Then there is the dinner at an expensive restaurant to worry about.

If the expenditure was reciprocated, then I would be interested but sadly first hand observations shows otherwise.