1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is T-Mac an allstar or a superstar

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketlaunch, Jan 20, 2005.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

He doesn't play in LA, Chicago or NY, is not the NEW phenom, and has never experienced playoff success. So, he is not considered a superstar.

But, he is a superstar in my book.

2. mitbbs

mitbbs Contributing Member

So Dream is not a superstar?:eek:

3. ds888

ds888 Contributing Member

jordan failed many times before he got pippen and all the help that he needed

shaq failed many times before he had kobe

duncan had a veteran team and he had david robinson

KG hasn't done anything except the western championships last year but he had cassell and spree

they forget tmac is only 25 and never had the help that those superstars had

4. mitbbs

You cannot compare tmac with TD, because TD is much much better. Who will you choose to build your team around, tmac or TD? Any team will pick TD without hesitation. TD is also bigger than KG because of his leadership.

5. mitbbs

Did KG win the Western Conference last year?
    tmac has Yao, which is better than the old David Robinson TD had.

6. ds888

duncan came into the league when robinson was in his prime before he tailed off.

no kg did not win the western championship but he reached it. before he couldn't even pass the first round before last year.

these people are judging tmac too early cuz he is still young they won;t be saying this stuff when him and yao blow up in the future.

7. mitbbs

When TD got his second ring, is Robinson still in his prime?
    TD is three years older than tmac, but he got his first MVP in 2001-2002, second ring with old Robinson in 2002-2003. Do you think tmac can catch up with him?

8. ds888

u should just lick td's nuts and live in SA

9. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I won't call anyone a super star if the guy barely makes ~.400 of his shots. Most of the guys in the league can score 30+ if they are allowed to shoot enough.

10. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Taking shots is a skill, like juggling. Not anyone can just get off 30 fga's. You gotta have the ability to do that. That's why Tmac is so good, because in any situation with any time on the clock, he can get off a decent shot, and make a good number of them. and he's shooting 42.5%, and its been steadily rising.

11. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

*uck Steve "tool bag" Kerr...

SF is an allstar and a loser

T-MAC is a superstar and WILL BE A WINNER.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

spers' board ...is right there bro...

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I bet Steve Kerr would have thought Tmac was a SuperStar if Tmac would have gotten traded to 'Phoenix' instead of Houston.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Steve Kerr was using the wrong word. It seemed to me he was questioning is T-Mac a winner as a result of his SI quotes. He was saying guys like Jordan, Magic, etc. never accepted losing. There are plenty of superstars who never got it done. I love Dominique Wilkins but he never got out of the second round of the playoffs. Time will tell if T-Mac is a winner but he no doubt has super star ability.

15. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Oh you mean after he retires having NEVER won another ring because he ran Shaq off...:eek:

16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

T-Mac ran Shaq off?

I was talking about T-Mac, he might be just an All Star right now but I don't think he'll be one that long.

Now Kobe Bryant is one of the few active Hall of Famers, no need to say anything else about him.

17. buddry

buddry Member

I don't think he is a superstar. But maybe I am biased because I don't like his game. He is just a volume shooter that takes many bad shots. He jacks up way to many 3's.

And I disagree with the person that said only certain people gave the ability to shoot it 30 times a game. I think most anybody can do it, assuming that the coach allows it.

18. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Super Star, no question.

A Super Star can change a game, single handedly, no matter the opponent, no matter the night. Only God could do it EVERY game, but yes T-Mac is a Super Star.

Francis epitomizes an All-start - super stats and talent, devoid of the ability to regularly overtake a game *regardless of the opponent*.

19. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

The feeling I got from watching TNT is that those guys are on cruise control and weren't really watching the Rockets very much over the past month. Kerr kept talking about how the Rockets wanted to walk the ball up, when most of their past success has been from pushing it.

His definition is stupid and circular, anyway. By his list, a superstar is someone who wins. So of course a superstar wouldn't quit during a losing season.

TMac should play hard every night, no doubt. But to say he's not a superstar is idiotic. For pete's sake, he goes by the name TMac.

20. mitbbs

Then you keep kissing tmac's ass and dreaming he can bring rox a ring.