1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

King Cuttino

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2005.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It is, as you pointed out later, what Swift gets by working with Grizz on a deal with another team.

2. buddry

buddry Member

I am not sure if the grizzlies have Swift's bird rights. Didn't they lose them when he took the 1 year tender offer?

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

No, they still retain his Bird rights.

4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Looks like cuttino is fitting in already.

1st qtr stats against clips

11 mns 5 pts 1 reb 3assts, 1 stl, 1 block 1 3pt, 1 TO. 50% FG. Hopefully he'll be able to fill up the stat sheet this well. In Orlando looks like he was only putting up pts and 3's.

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I agree, and I think Sacramento has the inside track. They can offer the most money and they need a 2-guard and will have to justify trading Christie. Unless another 2-guard pops up Mobley is likely staying with the Kings, and good for him. I'm happy to see Cat in a winning situation.

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Me too, even with those stars on their team he's able to get enough touches to go

19 pts 5 rebs, 4 assists, 3 stls, 2 block and 2 3pts. 4 TO's though.

7. wiws316

wiws316 Member

woot woot go CAT:D

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

too weird to see him in that uniform.

4 blocks. WOW.

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

He's gotten the Remarkable Play of the Game in both his games with the Kings so far. Chris Webber couldn't stop gushing about him in his post game interview. The turnovers seemed mostly due to him being unfamiliar with teammates, with only one coming on the dribble when he tried to split a double team (there was no one to pass to because they had him in with Ostertag, Evans, House (covered) and Songaila). Overall, he has been a real boost to the Kings and could push them over the top.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

11. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Is Cat really that nice??? Seems like teammates love to kiss his a$$...

12. Houstonrocketss

I am glad Cat has found a home, I bet you a huge fortune he resigns with the kings.
    2nd round draft pick and a gift horse....

Rudy and CD did something right

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It has been said that Cat is probably one of the more popular guys in the NBA from a social standpoint.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Mobley would be wise to either to play out the last year on his contract (not opt) or persuade the Kings to extend his current contract. IIRC, there's already a fair number of SGs hitting the market (Redd, Joe Johnson, Allen, Bonzi Wells maybe, Larry Hughes).

If Denver wants to be really creative, why not try for a S&T with Seattle for Allen (or Phoenix or Memphis or Washington) with Nene, draft picks, and a TE (since they're under the cap)? I have a feeling Mobley could find himself in a buyers market, especially if a lockout shortens the signing period.

Evan

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Kings could be royal pain with Mobley

By Tony Mejia
    SportsLine.com Staff Writer

The Orlando Magic will enjoy Doug Christie's defense and selflessness, but the Kings got the better end of the deal that brought Cuttino Mobley to Sacramento. It's already beginning to show.

Mobley has come up with critical defensive stops in consecutive wins over the L.A. Clippers, proving the Kings didn't get a total slouch on that side of the ball. That's a huge bonus considering he was brought on board to kick the team's offense up a notch, helping them chase down the Pacific Division's newest superpower, the Phoenix Suns.

The Kings have two of the league's best passing big men in Chris Webber and Brad Miller, a heady, quick point guard in Mike Bibby, and one of the league's best perimeter scorers in Peja Stojakovic. Adding Mobley gives them another playmaker and shooter teams have to respect.

"We're going to present problems for a lot of different teams," Mobley told The Oregonian. "From one to five, I don't know who's better than us, you know what I mean?"

The Kings have won eight of their past 10 and have taken advantage of the Suns' recent road struggles to pull within 4 1/2 games of the division lead. Starting out 1-4 has had them in catch-up mode, but they're finally starting to make headway.

A four-game home stretch begins Tuesday night that will see the Blazers, Cavs, Spurs and Nets come through town.

If Webber's sore left knee holds up and Mobley finds a quick comfort zone, the Kings can take advantage and introduce themselves as a new legitimate contender in the Western Conference race.

To his credit, Mobley has already asserted himself from a vocal standpoint, quickly adapting to his new surroundings.

"In my opinion, and I hope people don't take this the wrong way, but we finally have another loudmouth on this team," said Webber. "Now, I don't have to do all the talking and encouraging. I can just sit back and listen. I like the fact I have another guy on the team who is vocal and a leader in his own way."

We have a feeling the results he'll help bring will also be met with resounding favor.

Link

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

it is great that cat is finally appreciated. i hope he likes it there and that he succeeds.
    i think it is clear that the kings got the better end of the deal

17. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Fegwu, thanks for posting that article.

I'll tell you what man, if the Rockets don't take it all the way, I'll be rooting for the Kings because of the ol' Catty Cat.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cat looks good on the Kings right now from the games I have seen so far with him. My only concern if I was a Kings fan is if Cat takes shots away from Bibby and especially Peja. But, Cat is a guy that can break people down one on one in the half court set and that is something they really didnt have before as Bibby and Peja are more screen shooters. Without BJax they were really lacking in the penetration area. Cat can provide that. I think Mobley will be much more successful in Sacramento than in Orlando. I think it is good that he is away from Francis' shadow.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Who cares if Cat takes away shots for Peja. Peja has been their weak link for the last 4 years in the playoffs. The guy can be shut down easily by denying him the ball. He is not athletic enough to get off his shot when teams put the clamps on him. Cat was brought because he is clutch and is will to take the shots when they count. He is their best defender now, and he can get his shot off when things start to break down.

I would wager that Cat will have better stats and be more valuable than Peja in the playoffs.

20. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Hey Rock, what happened to you in our fantasy league? You haven't been on for a week. Your not qutting are you? If you are thinking about it, you might want to look at my trade proposal first :)

Pugs