1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros ticket holders - post opinions

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by NJRocket, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

They are going to make a decent sized trade or get some really good people or basically prove that they will win games before people are going to come out to ball games this year in my opinion.

Everyone in this city is on a low right now and they need something to pick them up and have a reason to see the team.

2. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

yeah, I just can't see us going into the regular season with the current lineup we would have.

not that we have much of a choice with some of the bigger FA's (other than beltran) off the market now, but with the current lineup we have it'll be awfully tough to manufacture runs without at least some upgrades ..... particularly an OF or 2B (although maybe we should just go with Burke at 2B.... I don't know)

3. mj10501

mj10501 Contributing Member

i will go to as many as i can, afterall i do have coupons for tickets! i wouldnt mind being at our first mets game...oohh i cant wait to boo!

4. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I know its not a very loyal attitude to have, but personally I am waiting to see if the Rocket decides to come back.

If he does then I will buy season tickets, if not, then I won't and will probably just pick and choose a few individual games to go to.

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I bought a 27 game mini pack. I plan to go to them all and have a great time downing Star Dogs and "rooting for the good guys."

6. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I'll be there when they lower those insane ticket prices. It's not like were competing for a title anymore. Supply and demand, Drayton.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

of course i go. i love the astros. it's really that simple. i can't imagine a summer without them.

8. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Insane? I can buy a 30 dollar ticket and sit 5 rows away from Jeff Bagwell. The Astros are the best bargain in the town. It's a hell of a lot more expensive to go watch the Rockets and Texans. When was the last time they were contending?

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

excellent point. i can still take my family to a ball game, seat in relatively good seats, for about half the price i'd pay at the Texans or Rockets.

10. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Our office gets a 4 season season ticket package every year. It is the only season ticket package that they purchase of any of the Houston Sports Franchises. I dont know if a decision has been made to re-new. Last year wasnt a very good business year, so I would imagine that would be one great way to cut expenses even though it is a good way to entertain clients. But I cant see too many people getting excited about the upcoming season.

Last year was a special year with Clemens signing. I purchased my own season ticket package, and All Star tickets. After Jerry resigned, and Kent left, I was pretty certain that I was not going to re-new my personal package. Miller and Beltran pretty much sealed the deal. Even if they made a little splash with a trade and Clemens came back, I still would not re-new. I may try to bum tickets for a couple of games.

11. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I have no problem taking my family to the game for 14 dollars, 4 kids and 2 adults, not a bad price.

12. Jester

Jester Contributing Member

Each year since 1991 I have gone to 20-25 games a year. I love baseball and will continue to attend that many. Nothing like getting the cheapest seat and sitting in the outfield bar watching the game. :D