1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Browns @ Texans 1-2-05

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 28, 2004.

1. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

Complete ****ing embarassment. I'd be ashamed to be a member of that team today.

2. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I dont think Carr is thanking Jesus right now :(

Ugly ugly loss.

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

The draft is really deep this year

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

The oline is supposed to be weak in the draft this year. Not sure what fagency would be like, but Houston should be looking at addressing the oline by getting solid vets if they want to make a serious playoff push next year.

5. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Hey if you give us Bulger we will give you David Carr :D

6. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Brown is a RT, and with Wade we don't need another RT. We need a LT, but there's little chance we will be able to get either Alex Barron or D'Brickashaw Ferguson, the best LT's in the draft.

We'll be picking 12 or 13 and I'd love to see us land either Derrick Johnson or Antrel Rolle there.

7. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Dan Pastorini was a great, young talented QB when he arrived with the Oilers. He had good mobility and an incredible arm, really could throw the deep ball. The problem was that the rest of the Oilers sucked so bad, that he was pouned into the ground. The OL sucked, and his knees took a beating. By the time the Oilers got a team around him, the Luv Ya Blue era, he could hardly move at all in the pocket.

I sure hope the same fate doesn't happen to Carr. By the time the Texans are any good, I hope he can still walk and throw the ball.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I was at this jewel of a game yesterday. I'm still yawning.

The problems remain:

no pass rush
    no pass protection

Holcomb had all freaking day. Carr ran for his life most of the day. Hard to throw a deep ball when the RB NEVER is there to protect you (which is a Palmer problem, frankly) and the defensive linemen blow right over your OL protection.

How 'bout some flexibility, Palmer? When your team is getting run into the dirt, you might want to mix it up a bit. And by mix it up, I don't mean asking a WR to throw a cross field pass. Ridiculous.

9. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I think most of our problem on offense is the interior linemen. Both of Guards have happy feet and are too damn slow to keep up with the opposing dfense. I'm also not a McKinney fan.

On defense, we probably should start with a replacement for Payne. I believe his contract is up and he isn't getting any younger.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Truly pathetic...

Next year better be playoffs, but we need better D and a consistent offensive who can score...