1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I do not think Yao is good and I will tell you why in this thread that I have made

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pass 1st shoot 2nd, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Yao Ming Sucks Floppy Donkey [rhymes with sticks]...

Well, my tenure in Dallas is up and it's good to be back home in Houston where I get to watch a lot more Rockets games. One problem with this change of scenery exists, however: I must see Yao Ming play like a p***y more than before.

Yes, Yao sucks...floppy donkey dicks. John Stockton could push him out of the paint, and Muggsy Bogues could out rebound him. We all used to say how good of a player we had if he could play like Rick Smits. The Dunking Dutchmas sure sounds good right now!

I say we stop blaming Van Gundy for Yao's pathetic softness. You can't teach wanting the ball more than anybody else. You can't teach a player how to trace the trajectory of a shot to see where it will go off the glass or the rim (or both) for a rebound. You can't teach a player tear down rebounds even at the expense of a stupid foul or two every now and again. Yao just isn't what we all thought he was. Period. The question is what should the Rockets do about it?

I say we need to keep Yao Ming moving more. If he won't be a banger we can make him a clanger - a hit and run high- to low-post player that learns to work off of short screens in or around the paint. This should allow Yao to get to the basket more often, free him up for short jumpers, and help him get rebounds by bringing him nearer to the basket.

But who is his tandem in the low-post pick and roll? Who better than a salshing swingman, ala Tracy McGrady, Jim Jackson and Bostjan Nachbar? Whoever works in this situation has to make defenders worried about whether the offense will run the pick. The advantage of pick and rolls is that it keeps defenses guessing.

We still have Yao come from the paint to around the 18-20' mark, set a pick, take the pass and shoot a long jumper. This bull**** isn't working anymore, and we need a change.

I'm not advocating a trade of Yao Ming for anybody. We should keep him. But we need to find a way to make Yao and Tracy the Penny and Shaq of the early Orlando Magic. Our guys should be able to bring us home 55 points a night just like Shaq and Penny did in 1995.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

-P1st, S2nd.

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

man..take this crap to the espn boards where it belongs...cause it dont belong here.

3. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

If a player averaging 19 and 9 (while being double and triple teamed) sucks, what does it say about 90% of other NBA players who can't do this?

Youre an idiot.

4. mbiker

mbiker Member

It looks like the Dallas Elementary school system is out for winter break.

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Even the Dallas Elementary school system would not claim him.

6. clove

clove Contributing Member

Merry Xmas to you too.

You would get a lot more replies if you just added "JVG is the best coach ever" to the end of your post.

7. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Guys,

Been around this board and basketball for quite a while. Yao isn't triple or double teamed as often as you think. Check out the film. He is soft, especially so for his height. 18-19 pts. and 8-9 rbs. a game doesn't cut it for what he was supposed to become.

Yeah, I ripped on Yao. But I offered a way I think we could use him better and keep him in the paint. All you schmucks could do was talk about Dallas elementary schools, where your mothers work in the cafeterias.

Merry Christmas.

-P1st, S2nd.

8. rvpals

rvpals Member

Please lock this garbage thread.

It's a waste of time for everyone to look through this.

9. clove

I kinda miss the Yao bashing threads...it has a weird entertainment value.

10. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I agree. It would even be more fun if Amed have time to chim in. I think I should turn the ignore off so I can get a kick out of what he/she is gonna say. I need some laughs. It's x'mas time afterall. :D

By the way, merry x'mas to everyone. :)

11. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

Oh I remember you. You're that guy..."The Charmin the Tissue Paper Guy"

Does this ring a bell....???

Wipe 1st ...Flush 2nd...

12. porsche911

porsche911 Member

Please go far away and never return to the message board... :mad: :mad: :mad:

13. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Take the career highs for Smits from different years to create his best fake season. Those numbers are slightly lower than Yao's so far this season. So why, exactly, are you wishing for Smits? Even a fantasy year for him falls short.

14. clove

Because unlike Yao, Smits doesn't suck, and he's not 7'6!

15. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

That means the other NBA players suk Pass 1st Shoot 2nd's even floppIER than donkey dick. :D

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, and it is a pity that an oldtimer like you managed to make himself look like an idiot by starting a dumb thread like this :(.

17. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

A word of advive for you man: since everybody entitled to a mistake every now and then, you just earned yours so I cut you some slacks, but that goes to show you wisdom and common sense has nothing to do with senority!

Your biggest mistake was not bashing on Yao, that your priviledge(I guess!), eventhough I think you're wrong(my personal opinion), have you seen Yao's plays lately? Other than the TOs, some of it his fault, some of it caused by different factors and those who watched the Rox play regularly know what they are.

Yao has been playing solid ball lately, he's more agressive, hits the glass, his scoring is up too and he's doing it with just Tmac
    because I don't see anyone playing besides those two, and don't forget who's coaching them: VAN r****d!

Your biggest mistake was calling Yao names and pretty vulgar I might add, now that you're feeling better about yourself, more tougher, more smater and more in control of your life after you've offered us your insights about Yao, do us all a favor: go back and start again!

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Why does this thread still exist?

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm going to look at this particular thread as the lump of coal in my stocking. Now if I can just figure out what I did to deserve it.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

P1 S2,

Has always had insightful posts.

And, if you get past the overt use of questionably language he has some good points.

I have always enjoyed his posts, and this one has merit, but word of advice P1 S2, cut the borish lingo, you are better than that.

DD