1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bobcats @ Rockets 12/22/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Charvo

Charvo Member

JVG slowed the pace down dramatically this game turning the Rockets back into a half-court offense. Bobcats fronted everyone. They fronted Yao. They fronted TMac. Yao was a turnover machine which just shows the offense should not run through him until he gets his stuff together.

Rockets have no gunner. No gunner means death in the half-court.

This loss is the worst loss of the season going further than the Knicks loss.

2. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Almost .500 today...Oh well, it could be worse...

3. 12345

12345 Member

Why do the Rockets always fall flat after a big win? You would think that the Rockets would be able to build on from the game against the Raptors.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

no, their first road win EVER!

unbelievable.

there's nothing i like more than not even getting the game tying shot off. it was wise to go for the quick 2 instead of the 3. i mean, it's not like we have a guy who can just raise up and hit 3's at the end of games for miracle finishes. and by quick 2, i mean waste half of the time remaining, that's also smart, can never have too little time left. and what a pass. throw it at yao's feet. even if he gets it, he's kinda under the backboard and at best will be fouled. just a brilliant play. rise up for the ****ing 3 you idiot!!!

and then just to show they have no heart, we leave a guy wide open after that play, then sura gets it and instead of giving us one last chance by shooting a 3 he just pads his stats and goes for the layup and then we don't foul. just too much heart and effort shown by these guys tonight.

we clearly had them outmatched. even when it was close in the 2nd and 3rd, it was clear we had an easier time scoring. and yet we committed as many turnovers as possible, the refs bent us over at every opportunity, and our pg's and pf's managed to suck just enough to get us the loss. padgett played about 4 minutes and contributed more than taylor and howard did in the other 44.

and if juwan howard shoots one more shot that is short and hits the front of the rim i think my head will explode. get a clue dork****, you need to shoot harder or with more arc. try not shooting a clothesline for a hook shot from now on. it just may work and raise your value to worthless.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Well, I recall saying in one of the 10,000 "Fire Gundy" threads that JVG should get til at least the end of December to see if the Rockets can get back over .500 with their joke of a schedule.

TO HELL WITH THAT!!! If dude doesn't have the decency to step down tomorrow morning after getting SWEPT BY THE BOBCATS, Les should do the honors and fire his ass. I don't even need til the end of this month to tell you the Rockets won't sniff .500 again in December and likely the rest of the season.

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Wow, you must hold the record for least number of posts on my ignore list. Congrats.

7. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

What about out great PGs? 7 fouls, 0 assist, 0 steal total. Great Lue, who JVG likes so much, 1-6, 2 big points!

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Shoot, well I guess I wont watch it on Tivo tonight. :eek:

9. Houston22

Houston22 Member

I believe in Yao...
    ...to be a 19-8-5 player some day (5 is for TO).

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

T-Mac only doing what he is told to do...

He is in a no win situation...

If he doesn't do what JVG tells him to do, JVG will dog him in the media and say that T-Mac is not coachable.

If he does what JVG tells him to do... The media and fans ride him about not being a leader and not having a heart...

Helluva situation to be in...

11. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

Though some calls are questionable, the blame should be mainly placed on Yao's 10 TOs!

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Roll your eyes if you want, but I've been watching the NBA religiously since the late '70s, and this is the absolute worst coaching job I've ever seen. It's his job to properly motivate his players and get them to play error-free. Hell, JVG hand-picked half the players on this team. They're the guys he wanted.

A supposed playoff contender losing to an expansion team twice, including at home? Give me a break -- it's time somebody admit that a mistake was made so we can start getting a jump on being a contender NEXT year.

JVG was the right man in the right spot for his '90s Knicks teams -- a mostly veterans, etc. He's the wrong man in the wrong spot here, though. Our core are young guys, and rather than develop young players, he absolutely destroys their confidence. Sure, this is the NBA and they should be above that, but still a coach needs to know when to praise and when to scold. This dweeb has no clue when it comes to handling players.

I say he pack his inflexible system into his little backpack and hit the road.

13. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Actually I really liked Yao's aggressive play in the first half.

Got called for a couple of questionable offensive calls; that offensive board-putback could have been a great play.

14. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

I thought this cabbage is not allow on this BBS.

15. spacepimp

spacepimp Contributing Member

MAN let go of the hate, Orlando is a good team.

16. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Yeah, with that many TO's he should be the Bobcat's player of the game. :rolleyes:

17. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Well, looks like all the whiners are out in force again on this board. It was REAL quiet around here for a few games, now I know why. Alot of posters seem to only come out of the woodwork when we have a bad loss.

Dissapointing loss but I have to give the Bobcats credit. They do a good job defensively on the Rockets by making the other players, outside of Yao & TMac, beat them. Every team knows that no one else on the roster can beat them consistently and the Bobcats have the athletes to not only implement this but to also get back and get a hand in shooters' faces. IMO Charlotte doesn't have alot of wins but I think they are not a bad team. They play hard, they play smart and have a good combination of athletes and shooters to cause problems to the opposition.

18. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Well. Someone started a thread w/o Yao Tmac is a joke.
    1. we ahouldn't let Cato go.
    2. Yao is a joke
    big joke

19. fa7999

fa7999 Member

20. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

Actually, its 10 TO :D :mad:

-G'day-