1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

W/o Yaoming, Tmac is a joke

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fiathland, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It seems like in JVG's system perimeter players struggle more. Look how Steve's and Cuttino's numbers declined last year. McGrady is still trying to find his rhythm in this offense. Many times, T-Mac is forced to take the bail our shot or a bad shot when no one else can create anything.

2. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

How many rings does Mr. Clutch have?

3. Mr. Clutch

If by Mr. Clutch, you mean Jerry West, then eight NBA championships as an executive, player or special consultant. What is Barkley doing, besides making lame jokes on TNT as he grows fatter and fatter?

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

T-Mac has never been a joke...I don't what the hell some of you guys are smoking!

5. lee

lee Member

how many times he did like that?

6. Mr. Clutch

Well, he doesn't get many chances. Usually we are either losing by worse, or the game is too close, or we are winning. But I am sure he would do it again and again if given the opportunity.

7. lee

lee Member

i will ask again who carry the team before this marical happen? how many shoot does he take before this 35 sec and how many point does he got defore 35 sec.

8. Mr. Clutch

I think he had about 20 points before, and then he got 13 in 35 seconsd. But they didn't run plays for T-Mac throughout the game. If JVG gives TMAC the ball maybe he can do it in the first quarter.

9. mitbbs

mitbbs Contributing Member

Yeah, Rox did run through TMac in the last game, and what happened? TMac is selfish. In the game with Golden State, TMac was still playing during the garbage time and making many shots. I do not think JVG was so crazy that he wanted TMac to play in the garbage time. Can you see what is going on here? TMac only cares about his numbers! This reminded me what he did in Magic.

10. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Well said that's something worth trying and I sincerely hope that JVG could see your suggestion. Seeing the Rox play, sometimes I was wondering they played with no coach. When their offense stud, they have no other way but to jacking up bricks. I have the feeling that JVG is only good at taking hot guys out and don't play energetic players (like Pagett and Barrett). His play is only one-dimensional. He's been outplayed by most other coaches.

11. Miggidy Markell

ALMOST (where has almost, gotten anyone these days)? Yao would be defended by who on both of those teams? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

12. Playboy

Playboy Member

Yao would be defended by trapping defenses, double teams, triple teams, WWF, and the refs. Yet the rockets almost pulled a win against those quality 2 teams.

13. Miggidy Markell

What does Barkley's weight or how many rings he has, got anything to do with the quote he made? No matter what he has done in the past or present, he knows alot about the game and how it is played and I'm sure as hell gonna listen to him before I listen to someone such as yourself for saying T-Mac is a 1 in a million type player cause of one regular season game. Well... 35seconds of one regular season game.

How about the 12minutes of the 4th quarter against the Bobcats, is this a factor also?

14. Miggidy Markell

But aren't GREAT players able to battle through this? If Yao cannot battle a double team then I guess this team is basically T-Mac's team. Without another superstar, Yao would be a non-factor? True?

Tell this to all the Yao fans out there that see him as an MVP like player.

15. Rob English

Rob English Member

Tell me this Miggidy Markell.....do you consider T Mac a "GREAT" player?" Last season, he publicly admitted to being shut down by zone defense to the point he no longer wanted to play basketball and retire after the season was over. Basically, he had a "quitter's mentality". Do GREAT players just up and decide to retire because zone defenses frustrate the crap outta' him?

Here's an article in which T Mac told reporters his thoughts:

From ESPN.com:

McGrady retiring?

Tracy McGrady is talking about retiring?

"Over the last five games, I've had some crazy thoughts, man," McGrady told the Orlando Sentinel. "I was thinking that after this year, I'm done with basketball. Done with basketball, period. That's how frustrated I've been."

McGrady said he even had questioned whether he had lost his "passion for it. ... if I lost my love for the game."

Six straight losses with a 15 ppg average on 29 percent shooting in his last four games will do that to last year's NBA scoring champion.

What happened to the confident T-Mac who once told a reporter that "being an elite player in this league, being one of the top players, you can't help but to be a little bit cocky."

A plethora of zone defenses seems to be the kryptonite that transforms T-Mac from Superman into Keith Van Horn. McGrady has admitted it publicly, claiming that playing against the zone "is in my head. I know that."

So does the rest of the league. "The minute McGrady said he can't score against the zone, every coach in the league took notice," one rival Eastern Conference coach told Insider. "Our advance guys might have caught it. But when a player announces what gives him fits, you run it into the ground.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i have around 16,000 posts here. that's a lot of posts. i can honestly say, this is the dumbest thread ever started. thanks.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

MadMax, the man that types faster than he can count :D.

iudex non calculat :D

18. MadMax

wow..make that 17K. see..now my point is even MORE emphatic!!! :)

19. amed

amed Contributing Member

Yao sucks so much that he has one of the top 5 players in the game talking about retiring. TMac is truley a talanted player not an over hyped scrub like Yao. Yao's biggest assest is the fact that he is Chinese. If Yao were white or black he would have been out of the league since last year. Yao sucks and he ran out SF,Cat, and now TMac. Get the soft, f***** Yao and his garbage game out of houston. He sucks and will always suck.

20. MadMax

this would be exhibit "b" in my case for why this thread sucks. thanks, again.

could you guys be more ridiculously reactionary..on both sides??