1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Replace Steve McKinney

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by swilkins, Dec 16, 2004.

1. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I know Steve McKinney might be a local favorite, but I don't think he's worth the money. I've been to every Texan's game and constantly see him break down in pass coverage, which is our offenses biggest problem. He's too slow off the line which causes him to take steps back.

I also noticed that very seldom does he show up for practice on the following Wednesday. I don't get anything out of his talk show on 610, because most of the time he's goofing. He can joke around when he does his job.

I personally think he needs to suck it up and practice at least most Wednesdays, if for no other reason than for the coaches to see him sitting on his ass.

It just burns me up.

2. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I'm sure he's still recovering from that serious injury last year. A person usually doesn't regain full strength and speed untill their 2nd year back.
    Plus he's not really a center. Also, i went to the same High School as him so i'd be very dissapointed to see him leave.:)

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

what?? i'm not seeing breakdowns from McKinney. he's the least of our problems on the line. playing Seth Wand out of position is a huge concern...he got eaten up this last weekend. I'm not seeing consistent mistakes or breakdowns out of McKinney at all.

as for practice..i have no idea. how do you know that?

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Todd Washington, is that you?

5. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Chron.com will show who is out for Wednesday's practice. McKinney's name always appears, which indicates that he is always injured. Perhaps he is and my bashing would be unfair. I certainly hope I'm wrong in assessing that he needs to be the leader of the O-line, show up for work and kick ass.

#5 swilkins, Dec 16, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  6. qwerty

qwerty Contributing Member

BOOOOOO!!! CCHS represent!
    :D