1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we fickle fans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cwebbster, Dec 9, 2004.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Hello, yes cwebbster comes out of reading the game thread and noticed one thing. None of us, but maybe the exception of one or two posters, had any faith that that was going to happen. Everyone in tandem started to chant "Fire Van Gundy" or T-Mac is awful. But one keen observation (sarcastic) that I saw is that once this run was sparked, everyone jumped back on the ship. We are lways so quick to jump off the ship, and I guaruntee in the next few days we will see some marvelous threads and how we will win the championship because of this game, blah blah.

My question, or shall I say encouragement, to us, including myself who has been one of those jump shippers, have some faith. I know at times it is incredibly hard to do so, but stick behind your team. It creates karma, and that karma goes to the players. Believe me, I played college ball, didnt play much, but saw good players play together just because they had the fans support and rowdyness. Lets get it going.

My question, this time a question, to you posters is what do you think about what I said? Does anyone else feel this way?

GO ROCKETS

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

you should go to the chat room.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You mean people give up on their team? What a bunch of losers. :)

4. clove

clove Contributing Member

There are plenty of level headed vetern fans on this board. I agree most are jumpy though.

5. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

people in general are fickle, if you don't go with the crowds, you'll be considered a bad person. If you still have doubts and can't take the heat, just save it until the next disappointing loss.

GO ROCKETS!!!!

6. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

I gave up on DoD some time ago.

oops

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I thought it was over.....and 99.9% of the time it would be, but that is why we watch sports for that .1% chance.

What a game, I hope they build on this....if they beat Dallas on Saturday it could really snowball.

DD

8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I think the people who wanted JVG fired before the game still do. The people who said Tracy lost this game for the Rockets stopped posting around page 6 or 7.

Is that right Yan_Yao

9. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

I stayed at the game til the post game interviews. We had some good fans that stayed there and when people were leaving someone was yelling "What kind of fans are you?! Houston fans suck!" (Reminds me of that other thread lol) But I'd like to give thanks to all the true fans that stayed for just a magical ending and we deserved this win by a very hard fought 1st half. I am sure the majority of our "fans" are "fickle" as the majority of the seats were empty with 3 minutes left, but I will stand up for the true fans and say that we do have some die hard ones out there and we helped them to this win.

I would still like JVG gone, see sig; but I want JVG gone for how he coaches the team. I'm starting to see him freeing the leash on his players and letting them do their thing and I am also seeing more uptempo play. If this continues it's obvious JVG is *gasp* adapting to his players and letting them play. Once I see that JVG finally has a clue I will remove the Fire Gundy chant from my sig. Great win for the Rocks and Thank you for the fans that stayed and the fans that watched on TV! I'm still excited and its 11:30!

10. cwebbster

Man if they beat Dallas on Saturday, it is going to be incredibly bogged down on the BBS because of all the people coming to chat and boast about the Rockets. I want that, thats a good feeling to see people actually into the team, even though they are stuggling. I just hope that in the event of a loss, hopefully not for a while that will come, that people will still stay on and support the team.

Think about it as, "Not what the Rockets do for you, but what you can do for the Rockets." - Calvin Murphy

LETS GET ROWDY

11. cwebbster

Gracias Amigo!!

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Why does it take miracle play from Tmac to win a game? It's because JVG handicaps our players.

Our PF were never good at defense but at least they were good offensive players until JVG sucked the life out of them. Now they are totally useless. JVG sucked the life out of Francis's game, Mobley's game, MoT's game and will eventually suck the life out of Yao's and Tmac's. Tmac is the best 2 guard in the game and he looks lost out on the court most of the time. Yao can make 75% of his 15 footer's and he hasn't taken any this year.

JVG is getting us back for kicking his butt in 94. Hopefully we can get rid of him before he ruins the rockets for the forseeable future.

We can win with this ship, we just need a better captain.

13. DaDakota

Or a mutiny.

DD

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I agree

#14 Blatz, Dec 9, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  15. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Does a dog bark?

16. jediknight94595

jediknight94595 Contributing Member

Van Grumpy did not win this game.

T-MAC DID :D

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

what you see is the most vocal ones are the ones that have a tendency not to keep the faith during hard times.

they always seem to feel the need to express their pessimistic views.

Most of your levelheaded diehards are the ones that support them win or lose, the ones that never give up hope.

We are out here...we just dont post as much as the fickle ones do.

18. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Well iam going to the Dallas game. Hopefully we can pull out a win and really get a good win streak going. Its on saturday night so it should be packed. I will be loud as usual...hopefully the rest of the TC will be as well.

19. DaDakota

What he means is that the passionate fans are on here trying to discuss how to make the team better, while the casual fans go along and hope for the best.

:)

DD

20. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

My bro wanted to leave last night cause he had to work early. I told him let's just wait and see, anything can happen and boy did it. That was UNREAL!!! Reminds me of the Reggie Miller performance against the Knicks. Most of the game was rather boring but those 30-something seconds made up for it and the 3 other borrrrring games I've been to so far. I still think JVG needs to change his offensive philoposhy or fire him...notice how the ROckets made the comeback when they abandoned his ****ty offense and let T-Mac utilize hi ability. What a game!