1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Rockets' victory over Hornets a real yawner

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Dude, I watched the game, and I had to flip to other games on my NBA League Pass. It was just so boring watching them come up the court after the Hornets have scored and watch them run the shot clock down. How many shot clock violations did we have? Does JVG tell Sura, Barrett, and the others to NOT SHOOT THE BALL? It was ridiculous how much they were looking for T-Mac to shoot the ball. When he finally got the ball, there was either 5 or 6 sec to shoot or he has to throw up a wild shot to beat the shot clock buzzer.

2. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Yeah, those plays were exceptionally bad. It's like two passes too many. But the thing I noticed in the last couple of games is the defensive energy the Rockets have going now. I think as long as we can step it up on defense (including defensive rebounding), we can withstand a couple of sloopy offensive sets.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If that's all we are going to do, we might as well have kept Steve Francis.

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Don't waste your time to try to explain it to the fool. He/she just doesn't have the brain to understand that any NBA player with decent leaping ability can easily make up for the few inches they give up in height.

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

So you are saying Yao is slow, has bad timing, and poor reflexes? Wouldn't those attributes affect his ability to score as well?

6. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

I think it is in your best interest to not boast about this, since, well, it has only happen once in the 19 games thus far this season.

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I don't want to agree w/ amed, but doesn't Yao look like a 7'6 small forward instead of a 6'11 banging-scramblin center?

The only forward/center over 7'0 who can shoot like Yao is Nowitzki. But Dirk is fast compared to Yao. It doesn't look like Yao can run the fast break even if JVG implemented it.

8. choujie

choujie Member

Which team is this guy following? I believe Yao did that against 76ers, Lakers and Hawks too.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Which one was that: The one they were giving out or the one on the bench?

10. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Dude, at least hide somewhere after Yao had a good game like all the other Yao haters, because bashing him after he had the game high score and rebound is really unreasonable and stupid.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Wow, Van Gundy is commiting crime against JJ by playing him 40+ minut a game. Got injured when get out of the car, wow. :mad:

12. dugtzu

dugtzu Contributing Member

unreal. way to fire the team up....:mad:

13. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

I think you may be reading a bit too much into my post buddy. I'm trying to DEFEND Yao.

Jesus, aren't we a little confrontational today...

14. vincejas

vincejas Member

Rebounding is more of heart. Since yao is a sissy, he will continually grab 8 boards the least and 10 boards the most. I wonder if he is 7 flat, maybe he could grab only 5 boards the least and 7 boards the most. Yeah, he just sucks. Yao is the best center in the west. Hail the king. And he goes up against dampier, miller, bradley, magloire, and a bunch of scrubs. And still he would "only" give u 18 and 8. What a player. What a fantastic player. He is a superstar, a franchise player, our answer to TD and KG. In your dreams u rockets fans. Your center sucks, Yao would never be half the player TD and KG are. He lacks balls and heart. He lacks passion, and he has a vagina. He is gay hahahaha. TMAC is slowly regressing thanks to JVG and the rockets are the most boring team to watch since the cavs of mike fratello. At least that team can shoot.

15. prlen

prlen Member

Is that true?the first time in this season's 19 games he has led the Rockets in scoring and rebounding????????

Did JONATHAN FEIGEN ever check the BOX Score?