1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Apprentice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Any Apprentice fans here? Down to four candidates now. I'm pulling for Kevin, but I think Jen M is going to win (unfortunately). The good thing is I think the last four will be very competitive, and Trump got two of the best candidates (Kevin and Kelly), and Sandy is really holding her own.

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I stop watching after Raj got fired

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i didn't watch much of the first apprentice and i've only watched about 1/3 of them this season, but i really like the show. the challenges always seem to be creative and on a large scale (like opening a restaurant). maybe i'll watch some more now that it's down to 4.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I can't believe that somebody actually gave Ivonna money to drop her pants. If Ivonna really wanted to make some money she would have been more successful at getting people to pay her money to keep her clothes on.

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I picked a bad night to miss the show. I'd love to see Ivonna pant-less.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Kelly and Jennifer M. in the final. Count on it. ;)

7. Vengeance

No you wouldn't . . .

I'm glad Ivanna's finally gone. I was starting to warm to her, what with her strong performance on the previous two tasks, but she really sucks as a leader. She was awful in her first PM opportunity, and only was bailed out because of Bradford's mistake.

Kelly and Jen M is the rumor, and I think it sounds right. In that case, I want Kelly to win. The prevailing notion on the forums (TWOP) is that Jen M will be the winner, and that disappoints me because she just doesn't really lead all that well, IMO.

I am happy that at least some of the absolute worst are gone. I'm so glad not to have to see Maria again. And Stacy . . . oh I'm glad she's gone!

#7 Vengeance, Dec 2, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Can somebody who's watched all or most of this season tell me how Jen M has done? Everytime I've watched, she's managed to sneak past the Donald.

9. Vengeance

Earlier on, I liked Jen M. But the more and more I see her, the more I think she just skates by with her teammates doing the work. She'll let them do the brunt of the work, then she'll tweak an idea just enough to put her personal touch on it, and get credit. She's not a strong leader like Kelly or Kevin or Pamela, but she's not a pushover like Wes or Elizabeth. The thing is she's not a big contributor. She contributes just enough to make everyone think she's great, but in reality she just takes credit for more than she's due.

She did do a good job in the last task though. The M&M Girls idea was great.

10. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

Lets face it. The only reason that Jen M got this far is that she's pretty hot. She's obviously pretty smart (being a lawyer), but she really hasn't done anything impressive. I think the other girl would be a better leader, but she doesn't have the credentials that Donald deems pretty important. I think Kelly is Ken Jennings brother (the Jeporday guy)

11. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I haven't watched an episode so far this year, but I did catch the summary show they had last night. It seems to me that the strongest member was the woman that started out on the men's team. When she got switched over, the woman's team seemed to have been whipped into shape, and they only lost by $10.

After that, all of the men totally threw her under the bus. I figured it was just because they all knew that she was going to be a big threat, and conspired to get her fired. It worked, but it seemed pretty obvious that was what they were doing.

That Maria girl was indeed terrible. And the Raj guy was an interesting character, but he really did mess up that task.

12. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Oh yes I woulda.

Why not? Did she have hair in places where it should not have been?

13. Vengeance

m_cable -- I completely agree. Pamela was one of the strongest. Now, she really sucked at the previous task (ice cream), and she had a way with making inappropriate comments at the wrong times. But, she was a strong, good leader, and had no business being fired when she was. Maria should've been fired on that task because she totally sucked. Plus she blinks all the f-ing time!!

IMO, the four best are Kevin, Kelly, Pamela, and Bradford. I think Bradford could've taken the whole thing, which makes his firing all the more disappointing. I have little doubt that he'd still be in the running now.

#13 Vengeance, Dec 2, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  14. Vengeance

She wasn't wearing anything hot (kind of hip-hugging panties). I guess I think that Ivana's one of the less hot of the women, and her action was just so degrading. It was stupid and gimmicky.

15. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

I think Ivanna made herself look really bad. Like Trump said, she wasn't selling the candy bar for $20, she was selling herself. Once she did that, she had to get fired.

The other 2 girls were trying to use sea appeal to sell the candy, but in a much more subtle, and tasteful way. There is a line, and Ivanna took it way over that line.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Love the girls in Maxim. Have'nt seen the show, but a few hotties.

17. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

18. dean

dean Member

i think Britton Johnsen, I mean Kelly, should win. I think the best 4 are: Kelly, Kevin, Bradford, and the Italian guy

19. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

Kelly isnt going to make it. Hes like the Nick of last season. He won, and he had high expectations. Even when Nick lost, horribly, and it was his fault, Trump let him stay. But in the final 4 he will get knocked out. Kevin will win this one, Baby!

20. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

By the way, this task was crap compared to last year. This was the last team-oriented task. Don't play boy scouts and sell candy bars, like last season, they rented out a room in Trump World Tower for 1 night, for $40,800 (Nick and Amy). This task heavily favored Jenn and Sandy, Put a hot blonde on Iavana's team instead of two middleaged guys and watch the selling begin. Im dissapointed in the final 4 contestants this year.

And also, everyone remember the previews for Season 2? DT said "And I might even bring back some farmiliar faces? He will bring back the most interesting contestants form last season, and put them in the final task to be employeed by the two remaining candidates. Im looking for something fun to happen next week.