1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 11/23/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2004.

1. jlwee

jlwee Member

saddest part we get killed in the 4th qtr again..... :(

2. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

sorry fa7999 just saw the ;) in your post.

3. dabien1

dabien1 Member

So do you guys think the rockets will just be a 500 team throughout the season? Sure seems like that's the pace that we're headed....

4. mag

mag Contributing Member

Where did Barret come from? Was he on the disabled list or what? He should get more playing time!!!

5. dabien1

dabien1 Member

So do you guys think the rockets will just be a 500 team throughout the season? Sure seems like that's the pace that we're headed....

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No they don't, he gets those calls, and so should Yao.

DD

7. franchise23

If you look at our schedule next month then you will see that we should be well above .500 by Jan. 1. Besides we were only 9-7 in november last yr. win these last 3 and that exactly where we will be this yr.

8. porsche911

porsche911 Member

hmmm.. the reason we lost is ultimately because of our power forwards... Mo and Juwon only combined for 8 points....

just sad and depressing.... trade em please!!!

9. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Ok so provided we win the last 3 games, we'll be at the same pace as last year? So where's the progress?

Or, if we DON"T win the last 3 then we'll be WORSE off than last year's squad at this point in the season. Then what does that mean?

Assessments?

10. Charvo

Charvo Member

There are few guys I would ask Yao to go out on the perimeter to guard on the pick and roll. Yao should minimize the space he has to cover on the floor in order to conserve strength. The guy has stamina problems, and it was evident in the last few minutes when he got bumped by Brad Miller which resulted in him losing the ball out of bounds.

I was thinking that the Kings were going to win this game going in. Rockets put up a good fight, but Bobby Jackson just went nuts from 3 point land. There is almost never a time on the floor when the Kings don't have a deadeye marksman playing. Peja and Bobby Jackson just happened to be killing it from outside tonight.

11. prlen

prlen Member

Refs are improving,but it is not enough!
    Webber Mihm,Zo are on the list not being called .If only
    yao shoot a airball ,it is ought to be a foul(95%).

12. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

If the season ends today, then no progress. Since it's not, we can still wait and see. If you don't see any positives which are different than last year, then no progress. I guess that's not the case either. Besides, what choice do you have? you can't fold the season just now, can you?:)

13. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Ok so provided we win the last 3 games, we'll be at the same pace as last year? So where's the progress?

Or, if we DON"T win the last 3 then we'll be WORSE off than last year's squad at this point in the season. Then what does that mean?

Assessments?

14. dabien1

dabien1 Member

No of course not. I'm feeling pretty good about this team every game out. It's obvious they're playing better and better with each other. What concerns me is this team's inability to win games in the last couple minutes of games ( like tonight).

I mean seriously, do you feel that we have a better squad than last year? And do you think this squad will pay off throughout the year and excel from last year's squad?

15. franchise23

well considering T-mac has missed 2 games, yao has been a little banged up and we basically have a new team out there trying to gel i think 9-7 or even 8-8 will be ok. obviously if by the end of december or mid-january we are still at or below .500 then we have to start worrying about this team since the west is deeper then ever before (especially with the sonics, jazz, and suns emerging).

hopefully sura will give us a nice spark and T-Mac and Yao will continue to improve and gel.

16. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Yeah I hope so. The loss tonight was truly disappointing. I actually thought we had it when we went up by 7. And then as usual that lead abruptly got erased.

17. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

He was a last minute pick up right before the season when he was cut by the Knicks. He is a rookie from Seton Hall who was indeed on the IR all season. From what I remember hearing, JVG picked this guy up just as a practice player to get the othe PGs and team used to playing against guards quicker than them. I think he showed alot and deserves more playing time.

As for the game, despite the loss, I think this was a good game for the Rockets. They went into Arco, one of if not the hardest places to play as an opponent, and stood toe to toe with the Kings. The offense seems to be really gelling as the everyone seems to be playing well through each other. I think the lack of more defensive rebounds did them it tonight. You can't give a good shooting team second chances after you have already played good "D" and stopped them once.

Dang, I was close to the 102-96 final score and, if Yao and Tmac would have both scored 30, we would have won like I predicted.

18. jlwee

jlwee Member

Losing to the Kings at Arco Arena is nothin to ashamed of compared to the lost against hawks and knicks which are truly unacceptable....

GO ROCKETS!!!!

19. cxsboy

cxsboy Member

20. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

That just reeks of "How about a nice cup of shut the f*ck up" :p