1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Actually i have to admit that i miss steve so much!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfan.china, Nov 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Miggidy Markell

2. madmax4ever

madmax4ever Member

I miss the legends...
    Dave Feitl
    Derrick Chievous (especially at the free throw line)
    World B Free
    Mike Woodson
    Purvis Short (with the shot that would bring rain)
    Winchester

ahhh...the days when we struggled...oh I forgot, we're still struggling...

3. spacepimp

spacepimp Contributing Member

the magic only lost one game that should have won, and won a whole lot that they should have lost.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What I miss about Steve is his leadership. I think T-mac is a better player and has the potential to do more.

Steve was a better leader. Steve was able to stamp his style on the team, and the role players knew their role. Steve could still pass to Yao, and try and work him into the game more, but even when he was doing that, He was still strong enough to pour everything he had into the game and make the team in his image.

Making the team in Steve's image wasn't always a good thing, but at least it was in somebody's image. Now the team has no leader, and the role players look lost. It seems like everyone just wants to run JVG's plays correctly, and nobody is sure about who will take over, or when it should happen. Then when somebody does start taking over, the other players don't seem as if they know how to compliment that, and it doesn't last very long. As a result the team looks like it isn't having fun, and they don't know who to follow.

I think it was easy to under estimate Steve's leadership and the way that he made other players better. He didn't always create like a Jason Kidd, so it was easy to say he didn't make other players better. But there are different ways to make other players better. Steve made them better by making them feel comfortable in their roles. This allowed them to play with more confidence. He was a vocal leader encouraging teammates, cheering them, and sticking by them in a game. Steve also made them better by drawing the defense to him.

Now we have players who don't feel comfortable enough to take over. They have the ability just not the comfort level.

5. RocketsAstros

RocketsAstros Contributing Member

It seemed like Turnovers cost us the game down the stretch. Same old ****. That damn Francis! Oh, I'm sorry we don't have him to blame anymore. Who are people going to point the finger at now?:confused:

6. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

i miss roderick rhodes.
    i miss thomas "two sanwiches" hamilton.
    i miss carl herrera & sleepy floyd.
    i miss brent price
    i miss mike wilkes
    i miss tupac, biggie, and old dirty b*stard.:(

7. syin1

syin1 Member

I never miss a no-winner.

8. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Great post! We also miss Cato's defensive intensity. Magic fans have been praising the play of Cato. All we did here was complain that he made too much money and was not very good offensively, but we really miss what Cato brings to the game.

9. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

I disagree, NO ONE hated the trade more then me. I was pissed last year when everytime I came on this board all i saw was steve bashing for alot of things that wasen't his fault.

And now that T-Mac walks up the floor and jacks up 25 ft'ers with 22 sec on the shot clock about 25 times a game, what do I see when I come to the bbs? NOTHING. If Steve would have done the same thing T-Crap did at the end of that last game. There would be so much bashing. This board would be unreadable for people like me and because24.

I mean, if your gonna bash Steve for doing dumb stuff, then at least do the same for T-crap

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

They will hold a parade in Disneyworld if the Magic make the playoffs this year. Making the playoffs will be an enormous leap for a team that were the doormats of the league last year. The Magic management would look brilliant if they make the playoffs. Right now you can see the strides and improvement that the Magic have made, I can't say the same about the Rox.

11. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

i miss eddie johnson poppin that 3 at the buzzer
    clyde sitting like a sophisticated women with his legs crossed sitting on the bench haha jk!
    hakeems dream shake
    bill worrell repeating hakeems dream shake as the shake n bake
    beating the bulls when mj was in town
    clutchcity.net instead of clutchfans.net :p
    trade rumors of rashard lewis playing for us
    big macs when they were 99c

12. Miggidy Markell

So you do miss Steve? Cause the last time I saw... his team has a winning record.

13. catch&shoot

catch&shoot Member

I miss Big Mo.:rolleyes:

14. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Couldn't agree more. He wanted to come, Rox left him dangling. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Not really, his family etc. didn't want to move down to Texas. They wanted to remain in the North East. IIRC. I remember reading all about it when the coach frenzy was going on. That, and I guess he saw more potential in the Pistons.

16. wireonfire

Carlisle was not fired yet when Brown came for interview.

From what I read, the Rox didn't contact him for a week after the interview--he wanted the job at the time. That Friday the Pistons fired Carlisle and called him, they agreed in a 15 minutes phone call.

17. wireonfire

BTW, Brown was very, very high on Yao. He was the one who made the comment that "Yao would change how basketball would be played in four years" comment after the 2000 Olympics.

Too bad, it is yet happening. :D

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

why didn't we get Carlisle

Rocket River

19. rocket3forlife2

I agree that if someone messes up then something should be said ,no matter who it is.

20. Houston22

Houston22 Member

I feel sorry for Grant Hill. If this comeback turns out to be good, he will suffer under steve's "all-starness". Hill is much better shooter and has bb-IQ greater than the rest of the team together (especially with steve's negative IQ). He should make decidable shots, but noooooo - there are coming SF's behind the back last second shots or turnovers ...