1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 11/16/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 16, 2004.

1. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

In games against Minny and Lakers, they could still get the ball to Yao late in the game. and last year that triple OT against Hawks, Yao scored over triple team. Tonight, they just didn't pass him the ball! Guess what, they went through a 5 minutes drought and decided to force feed Yao, and he scored right away. It appears to me that they only force feed Yao only when we are in a deep hole. That is stupid!

2. maderzhao

maderzhao Member

Can't agree more!

Now I really miss SF3 and sad for Yao.

3. noemi

noemi Member

I saw the game and I am so upset with our point guards. They can't defend ... they can't shoot ... they can't pass the ball. They are just big waste of space.

4. prlen

prlen Member

5. HoustonForever

T-Mac has to establish himself as the leader on this squad. In time, I think T-Mac and Yao will share the mantle of leadership.

6. HoustonForever

The Rockets need to play a 48-minute game every night. No mental lapses. The NBA is a game of runs. The Rockets have to keep their momentum, and offensive/defensive attacks the entire length of the game.

The Rockets basically have a revamped roster and will need time to adjust to each other's strengths and weaknesses, as well as implementing the offensive/defensive strategems. Be patient, fellow Rocket fans. The best is yet to come.

7. HoustonForever

The Rockets will win the next two games against the struggling New York Knicks and improved L.A. Clippers.

Rockets vs. Knicks

Rockets 110
    Knicks 77

Rockets vs. Clippers
    Rockets 98
    Clippers 89

8. user

user Member

Maybe because JVG required the players to use all 24 seconds on offense, i.e. the low possession game. If they pass the ball to a well positioned Yao, he will shot immediately, thus ruin the 24 sec rules set by JVG. Just one of the conspiracy theory. ;)

Anyway, Yao should keep demanding the ball. He's the number 1 or 2 of the team, not some role player.

9. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

man that dunk by Yao on Childress was SICK!. Yao was definetly pissed after he was dunked on.

i f$%kin hate espn. they made the childress dunk #2 on their top play. it seems whenever it happens to Yao espn always has to rub it in.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

11. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Other than Yao and T-Mac, this team sucks, including JVG!

12. sharprain

sharprain Member

If we can beat hawks with 10 points leading in fourth quarter, i don't know where the confidences come from to beat knicks and clippers.

:mad:

13. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Our defense is like soft serve ice cream.... :(

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is the problem . . .
    we play it so close to the vest
    we never build HUGE LEADS
    so other teams are always in striking distance

Rocket River

15. qrui

qrui Member

guess i know more about yao than the team:(

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Exactly. And if we can see that, then a starting NBA pg should see that. And if he can't see that then an NBA coach should see that and call time outs to chew his butt. Ward was a poor signing and JVG is responsible for that and the Rockets play. Simple NBA concept - feed the hot hand.

17. walterw

walterw Member

I found this statement is really interesting. I guess if you are 7-foot-6, you are supposed to get 10 offensive rbs:D
    I don't know why people link everything to Yao's height.

18. sharprain

sharprain Member

You know why we never build HUGE LEAD?
    Because once we leaded, the stupid guards start to think it is their time and shot like crazy and refuse to pass to the right person!!

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My problem with last night is that we weren't "physical" enough. And that means we didnt drive in the paint. We didn't rebound, we didnt get to the foul line.

Yao should get 8-10 FTs a night. T-Mac should get 8-10 FTs a night. Standard.

When the Rockets were ice cold in the 4th period they didnt take the ball to the basket. They SETTLED for long jumpers. They should be driving to the hoop. They should be working harder to get Yao the ball.

Other than T-mac, we really dont have ANYONE that can create their own shot. We dont have "drivers". And that really hurts us when we are shooting poorly. Getting Sura back will help a bit but we still need to get more physical, rebound the ball better and get to the FT line a lot more.

Rebounding and ACCEPTING contact via getting to the FT line is a good sign of how AGGRESSIVE you are and the intesitiy at which you are playing the game. This team looks too passive.

The team should be THOROUGHLY ashamed of itself after last night's meltdown. And if it had any heart I would expect a very good performance at home against the Knicks on Thursday.

What's really sad about the Hawks game is that for 3 quarters we were playing really well. T-Mac and Yao were BOTH having good games. We had good support scoring from Howard and JJ. All the things were there for a good win. And then we just folded like a house of cards at the end! :( :mad:

20. sun12

sun12 Member

We do not have the personnel to play physical.