1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scott Peterson Verdict

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mleahy999, Nov 12, 2004.

1. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

One would think this is a slam dunk, but it's California. And after two juror dismissals, there must've been some idiots on the jury.

I say not guilty on all charges. Judgment: White trash found not guilty on all charges and free to pursue Amber Frye... Riots in silicon valley.

2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I hope it's a mistrial so we can get 2 more years of this garbage...

3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I'm no lawyer but if they have a verdict, then it isnt going to be a mistrial. I'm just going out on a limb though.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Good point...that's why I'm no lawyer.

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Not to start anything, but how could this guy be guilty and OJ not be...In other words, they were both guilty, yet OJ got off...:rolleyes:

7. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Contributing Member

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I just hope the trial ends soon so Rita Cosby and Greta Van Susteren can stop having orgasms on TV every time they mention Scott Peterson.

Fox News needs to realize that no one really cares about this trial except them. Are people talking about it around the water cooler where you work? Not here.

With all due respect to the deceased, we just don't care.

9. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

This will probably start another debate but it pisses me off that so much air time is wasted on this story. Would this had been a big deal if she wasn't a good looking white woman? (And I'm white in case you didn't know.)

How many people are murdered every day that don't get this kind of coverage? There has to be some "real" news out there but the networks are too lazy to find it.

10. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

LOL

:D

11. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but the unthinking insertion of the image of Greta Van Susteren making the O-face is horrifying enough to me that I feel compelled to ask that ima_drummer2k be banned from this BBS, the internet, and the city of Houston for life.

That is a prime example of irresponsible posting, and frankly, I feel victimized.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I really haven't heard a whole lot of detail about this trial, but how does somebody get convicted of a double murder on nothing but rather flimsy circumstantial evidence?

Also it's pretty weird (IMHO) that 2 jurors got kicked right before the verdict.

:confused:

13. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Same here. On the jurors I speculate the jurors revealed they had been doing improper stuff during arguments between the jurors.

I thought he was going to get off until the last few witnesses, and the defense was surprisingly weak, then they went to rock the boat...

If I was really impartial, based on the evidence I saw during the trial I am not sure what I would have done. The pre trial coverage was pretty biased against him here.

14. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I think the guy is guilty as sin, but this verdict won't hold up.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

For once, we totally agree.

Keep D&D Civil!!

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I think it shows that people consider the unborn to be living human beings either way... and that Peterson got this verdict because it touched that nerve. Had this been a story about any white woman, not pregnant, being killed by her white husband we'd have heard about 2 mins. tops on the story nationwide, if that.

This sent a bigger signal IMO about killing a mother w/child than anything.

I know there was a lot of circumstancial evidence, but that's why they have jurors to discuss it... the media is/was not privy to all of the details that a jury is/was.

I think it will stand. He'll probably even get the death penalty... and maybe primarily because of the murder of a mother and her unborn child aspect. Had this been a single murder, it may not have even been a guilty... and if it had, he would get life w/out parole at most.

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Holy crap! I'm with you totally on this one.

I just do NOT get the obsession with this trial. But, I rarely get the obsession with crimes of this nature.

Woman goes crazy and kills her kids - movie of the week.
    Man goes crazy and kills his wife and kids - page 3 of the Metro section.

Poor, black man kills his wife during a domestic dispute - nothing on the news.
    Weathy white man kills his wife during a domestic dispute - first story at 10pm.

Man catches wife cheating and kills his wife - nobody cares.
    Woman catches man cheating and cuts off his penis - she's famous.

Man kills his wife and LIVING children - another day, another news story.
    Man kills his PREGNANT wife - a year of prime time coverage and front page headlines.

The media sucks.

18. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

jeezus! you nailed it!

19. Zion

Zion Member

I think this is the first time i've ever agreed with you on anything.

It's not only FOX, there's a dude on MSNBC (Abrahams i think) who can't stop talking about this garbage.

20. synergy

synergy Member

i feel he is innocent.