1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Injuries leave guard (TMAC) doubtful for next game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Boo, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

ESPN.com
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1919934

Rockets guard Tracy McGrady has what the team is calling a "strained hip," and the injury will be re-evaluated Wednesday.

McGrady had his hip examined after Houston's game Tuesday night against the Grizzlies. If the Rockets had a game scheduled on Wednesday, McGrady said he would not be able to play.

He apparently is bothered by pain in his groin, as well. As it is, McGrady says that it is doubtful that he would be able to play Thursday at home against the Timberwolves.

"I'm struggling trying to walk right now," McGrady said.

He made it through most of three quarters Tuesday in Houston's 90-87 victory over Memphis, finishing with 12 points on 5-for-11 shooting, six rebounds and seven assists in 29 minutes. The Rockets have won three straight.

McGrady said he has felt soreness since last Friday's game against Memphis, but his groin tightened Tuesday morning and, according to the Houston Chronicle, the pain eventually began shooting through his right hip.

McGrady's limp became more pronounced Tuesday when he absorbed a hard foul from the Grizzlies' Shane Battier in the opening minutes of the second half.

"I definitely didn't want to miss any games," McGrady was quoted as saying in the Chronicle. "It completely took over my game. I really couldn't explode.

"We'll see how it goes. We'll treat it [Wednesday] and see how it feels Thursday. I don't think I can play ... but I don't want to look at it like that. I want to come out and play Thursday, but I'm not going to come out and be Superman."

2. Nuclear Yak

Nuclear Yak Member

darn that really sucks. Tmac is the only on that can beat his person off the dribble. Hope it isnt serious.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Here come the T-Mac is Fragile Posts

Rocket River
    :rolleyes:

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

See i knew this was gona happien, told u not to trade 4 him ;)

Seriusly though injuries are part of the season, you just have to learn to live w/ em. Im just happy its at the start of the season & hopfully not at the end!

5. fya

fya Member

T-mac, please bulk up.

6. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Hope he is back on Saturday for the Lakers game. Want to see him score all over the rapist.

7. fa7999

fa7999 Member

The problem is that a limping TMac will be brutally raped by the rapist.;)

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

It has nothing to do with being muscular. Some athletes are just injury prone; T-Mac's cousin Vince would be a good example. I doubt anyone's telling Chris Webber to bulk up, either.

9. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

i know bulking up has nothing to do with injuries that much, but just one offseason mcgrady should work his ass off getting cut, like kobe did, and even haha mike wilks hes put on so much muscle compared to last year, if tmac worked as hard as yao or somebody else hed be cut damn

10. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

You are not making sense

11. hrockets2k

hrockets2k Member

I agree with legend

12. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Last time i checked T-Mac worked his ass off during the offseason to be in the best for the upcoming season. Didnt he go back to orlando and run the highschool track everyday or somthing along thoughs lines?? Even if he didnt (which im pretty sure he did), u still dont know what your talkin about.

13. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I'm sure he didn't become the best player in the league by being lazy.

14. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Damn it. :(

Hopefully he only needs to miss Thursday to recuperate.