1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rookie of the year 2004-2005 predictions

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 9, 2004.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I predict it will be Luol Deng. What are your predictions?

2. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I honestly hope it's Emeka Okafor. He's a great guy and should get it as compensation for going to the Bobcats.

My sleeper pick is Andres Nocioni (man, that Bulls team is loaded with rookies...stupid Baby Bulls)

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Okafor. If that team wins 15 games, he'll win it easily, barring injuries.

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I like Okafor.

Deng will have a good year but don't rule out Nicoioni from the Bulls. He had a great pre-season and having a nice season as well.

But the hype is with Okafor and Howard right now.

5. Trader Dan

Trader Dan Member

Deng looks really good. Always seems to make good decisions, knows when to shoot and when to pass. I bet Skiles loves him.

Two guys that could surprise are Delfino of the Pistons and Devin Harris of the Mavs. I watched Delfino some in the olympics and I like his game. I haven't seen Harris but starting over JET is not half-bad and he's put up some numbers.

Maybe we have mentioned all the guys on the fist team at least:
    G - Harris
    G - Delfino
    F - Deng
    F - Howard
    F - Okafor

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Trader Dan, I agree, except that I think Nocioni will make it to the team instead of Delfino. Nocioni will get more of a chance to put up some numbers.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

If you have watched Nicioni of the Bulls play you would easily put him above Delfino actually.

He is going to make first team over Delfino in my opinion.

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Im gona have to go w/ my man Boki...

No no wait hes not a rookie, hes just finaly getting some playing time. My falt carry on.

9. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

10. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

11. PeeeMeS

PeeeMeS Member

Dwight Howard or JR Smith

12. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Deng or Okafor, but long term...I think Dwight Howard is going to be better than both

13. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Emeka Okafor.

Sleeper Andre Iguodala.

14. Trader Dan

Trader Dan Member

I saw Nocioni in a couple of preseason games and I admit, he looked really good. You can not help but to cheer for the guy. However, he is 24 years old and I don't see him improving his numbers that much. Maybe he will shoot a little better in a couple of years and maybe he will learn to dribble and pass a bit. 10 pts and 10 rbs or something like that is very good but I think Deng will cut into his minutes soon. Also, the Bulls will win 15 games.

Delfino on the other hand I think has a higher ceiling. I haven't seen him with the Pistons yet but I've read some articles and saw him this summer. He is the primary backup sg right now and soon at sf to, on a championship contender. He has great understanding of the game at a young age and like Nocioni, he has no fear.

One thing I like with both guys though, as an international myself, is that they both have gone to teams that really fits their style of play.

15. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I'm gonna go with Howard. His teams going to make the playoffs and on top of that he's a high school player, which is still kind of odd when they come in contributing, although not nearly as odd as it was a couple years back.

16. lalala902102001

I like Luol Deng. He's already the best player on that Chicago team, and he's only 19. In a few years he may not be as good as guys like Dwight Howard, but I think that this year Deng will win the ROY.

17. ralph

ralph Member

okafor or jr smith