1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Franchise walks off court

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cheaprings, Nov 6, 2004.

1. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

That suk, really suk. :D

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

People don't hate Steve Francis, we just dislike the way he is playing.

Francis seems falling back to his old habits. I saw the part of ball game through league pass yesterday. There was no ball movement; he dominated the ball during whole possession, dribbled several times between his legs then jack up a jumpshot, sometime it went in, mostly it didn't.

He played extremely hard, but not smart. He made it extremely difficult for himself, and that is the fundamental difference between him and T-Mac.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm not gonna take cheap shots at Francis after every Orlando loss, I wish him well; but he has averaged 6 turnovers per game. I give him credit for being there to hit the game-winners, but those stick out too much; just as often, his team will lose because of his undisciplined play.

Granted, you don't want to shackle him too much. And yet....same old story. One second he makes you jump for joy, the next thing, you just want to throw stuff at the TV.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i want to like the guy, but its easy to hate him when he makes comments like "if they want to walk up court then they got what they want and orlando wanted to run and have fun and they got what they want". talking trash after two games...you know it had to come around soon.

steve has a habit of saying really stupid stuff. "he'll coach the way he coaches and ill play the way i play".

5. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Still waiting for pgabriel's reply to this post......

6. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Come on guys, SF played very hard with us, albeit not very smart, but nonetheless, he played hard.

I don't think he's a bad person or player, he just didn't fit on this team anymore, and with the opportunity to get freaking McGrady, you just can't pass that up!

But let SF3 be. He's gone now. Although I may be prone to bash if says anything bad about my Rockets!:D

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

like this...

"People can say that they got the better of the trade," Francis said. "But I think both teams got what they wanted. If they want guys to walk up the court and shoot fade-away jumpers, then they got what they wanted. And if Orlando wanted a team of players that is going to get after it up and down the court, then they got what they wanted."

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Why, I haven't been the one gloating in the other threads. It’s a long season, players will have their good and bad games. As far as the teams they beat, those were playoff teams.

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

New Orleans a playoff team in the West? You're kidding, right? Milwaukee is a marginal playoff team at best- beating the Bucks at home by 1 point doesn't particularly impress me.

10. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Anyone have a video of that dunk over G. Wallace?

11. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Well I was thinking more on the lines of, "The Rockets suck", or "they have a bad organization"

It was a swipe, but more of a back handed swipe.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Did you catch the one over Erick Stickland a couple of days ago?

#32 RocketsPimp, Nov 7, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  13. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

Come on, you know why Orlando lost.. they thought they had the game in the bag. Wait for the next game.. steve will be fired up and will have 23/7/7.

14. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

game in the bag, as in complacent, and expecting to win with little effort...

15. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Look guys, it's not a matter of hating Francis or hoping he fails. It's more of frustration & disgust that a kid with as much talent as Francis has, just doesn't get it. He's a streetballer, & will always be one, until he figures out that it's not always about him. The really great PG's make everyone around them look like superstars.

Francis doesn't understand the team concept. I believe that Francis thinks he's the only one on the floor that can play basketball. At times, I get the feeling he believes that he & Mobley could beat any team in the NBA, if the rest of the team would just get out of the way. However, on the flip side of that, if they lose, then it's, why didn't anybody else help? Francis, they can't help you if you freeze them out.

When the trade happened, I felt that it would be the best thing that could happen to Francis. Maybe, it would wake him up & his skills would be better suited to a wide open running game. So far, that doesn't seem to be the case. He's taken more shots than anyone else on the club. He's got 11 assists & 15 turnovers. As I said before, new town, same ol' Francis.

There's no "I" in team & so far, there's been no Francis in team either.

16. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

That picture is just wrong in so many ways

17. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

4-12 9 points 7 reb 2 assits 6 TO fouls out....walks off court...hmm sounds like the old steve francis who we saw for the past 2 games, aint ever gnna come back

18. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

The big difference i see in T-mac and SF is that I doubt we will ever get frustrated at T-mac's game. I'm sure after a few more loses like these magic fans will go what we went through these years with him, but I feel we will never bash t-mac (well, atleast the majority.. I have to remind myself this is clutchfans :p ). I doubt T-mac will ever go Kobe and just forget it's a team game, he's an unselfish player with a freak ability to score at will. SF is a player who can be unselfish at times and has a freak for either scoring or turning it over depending on what day it is.

19. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Thank you sir. Couldn't have said it better. In fact anything else will be uncivilized.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When they lose Francis has taken responsibility time and time again when he was a Rocket. You may not hate Francis, but you don't mind stacking things against him, that he's not guilty of.