1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anyone here ever seen a GHOST!?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by xlr817, Oct 27, 2004.

1. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Since we are close to Halloween! I personally never seened one. How about you guys!?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

No.

It's fun to look at hazy streaks in photographs though.

And watch TLC and stuff during halloween.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I grew up in a house that had a history and a mysterious air to it. While I experienced many odd things during my 8 years in that house, I never actually saw a ghost myself, but I knew someone who did.

My mom had a part-time housekeeper. When she was unable to work, her sister Faye would substitute.

One afternoon, my mother went to the grocery store. When she came back, Faye was out front sitting curbside.

She told the story of (my body is just now riddled with goosebumps even recalling this) turning the corner to enter the dining room and seeing a strange woman sitting at our dining table. In the next instant, she vanished right before Faye's eyes... thus Faye was curbside.

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

It's all part of the job...

[​IMG]

5. droxford

droxford Member

I saw something strange once many years ago while driving to high school.

I don't see how this would be a ghost - probably just my mind playing tricks on me.

It was Christmas time, and across the street from the school (Jersey Village high) were houses which had a street decoration theme. The theme on this particular street was 'toy soldiers' and each house had a four-foot toy soldier made of wood in their front yard.

Well, as I turned onto the street, and looked down the street, I saw all the wooden soldiers for all the houses except one. Two or three houses in front of me, the house didn't have a wooden soldier.

As I drove down the street, a little girl came running from the side of the house to the front yard. She had some kind of uniform on (it kinda looked like a band uniform) and she ran into the front yard and posed like one of the toy soldiers. I thought, "Aw, how cute! She's playing like she's one of the soldiers!"

The weird thing is... As I approached her and drove by, she wasn't a little girl at all - she was a thin piece of wood. I stopped the car, rolled back and verified - it was just another wooden soldier decoration.

I can't explain it. It was probably some kind of hallucination, I guess.

-- droxford

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I posted photographs of the ghosts I saw a while back at Gettysburgh, and a fellow poster zoomed in on the photo to check it out in more detail, and he discovered there was a face. Check it out for yourself.

7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

The only ghosts I have seen were that of cavemen. They were really stupid ghosts.

8. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I just visited family in Dallas who swear their new home is haunted by a woman and her children.
    When my aunt moved into her new house she dreamed about a woman who asked if she could live there with them. She told her NO, and they have been there ever since.
    Her children told me they see the womans kids playing all the time. They have seen them so much that they are not even freaked out about it anymore. They say they can always hear them at night (rattling plates, etc.)
    I've stayed there several times and havent had an experience.
    There is a railroad crossing right by her home. Perhaps the woman and her kids were killed in a accident there?

9. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

The bed I use was my departed grandparents, on a couple of occasions I have been awakened by someone tapping my foot trying to wake me, and looking around with no one being their.

10. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

What about the face on the wall in Galveston. I'm sure someone here has pictures.

11. Ih8walton

Ih8walton Contributing Member

This thread reminds me of a funny Aggie Joke.

A visiting professor at Texas A&M is giving a seminar on the supernatural.
    To get a feel for his audience, he asks: "How many people here believe in ghosts?"
    About 90 Aggies raise their hands.
    "Well that s a good start. Out of those of you who believe in ghosts, do any of you think you ve ever seen a ghost?"
    About 40 Aggies raise their hands.
    "That s really good. I'm really glad you take this seriously.
    "Has anyone here ever talked to a ghost?
    Fifteen Aggies raise their hands.
    "That's a great response. Has anyone here ever touched a ghost?"
    3 Aggies raise their hands.
    "That's fantastic. But let me ask you one question further... Have any of you ever made love to a ghost?
    One Aggie in the back raises his hand. The professor is astonished.
    He takes off glasses, takes a step back, and says, "Son, all the years I've been giving this lecture,
    no one has ever claimed to have slept with a ghost. You've got to come up here and tell us about your experience".
    The Aggie replies with a nod and begins to make his way up to the podium.
    The professor says, "Well, tell us what it's like to have sex with a ghost.
    The Aggie replies, "Ghost?!? I thought you said goat."

:D

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Any one seen the video of the ghost in Corpus? I have it on DVD, it was like burned off a video cam...

Pretty freaky stuff, I'm sure some of you guys heard the story -- it was all over the local news a few years ago

13. mulletman

mulletman Member

havent heard about it... can you give us some more details please? :)

14. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

This is funny, but every since I was a kid, I've always felt that I have had my own personal ghost that just kind of hangs around. It's nothing that I can see, but it's like I know that it's there. It's not always there, but just sometimes.

I don't really think this is true, but sometimes I have dreams about the ghost. The funniest dreams are when I can tell that the ghost is there and I'll think in my head "Ghost if you are hear, do something to prove it." Then, it would turn on a light or shut a door or something and it would totally freak me. In my dream I always feel like it is playing with me to have fun freaking me out in a playful way.

Even in real life (not dreams) if my ghost were true, I would not be scared of it because in my dream it is not evil or mean.

On another note, every now and then my computer will turn itself on in the middle of the night. It's really weird because I can see how something electronic can turn itself off, but I don't know how it turns on once it is off. Strange.

Fun topic

15. droxford

droxford Member

Many network cards have a feature called "wake-on-lan". If you know your network card's unique address (aka MAC address) you can, through a network, power on your home computer.

You might be the victim of a back door or trojan.

-- droxford

16. LongTimeFan

I'm not sure the background in the story, but apparently it was a little girl and this old man in an old office building.

There were some guys working on the building, trying to renovate it I guess, and they kept seeing the two ghost. The ghost would throw stuff at them, move ladders, close doors, turn off/on lights, etc. So finally, one of them went in with a video camera to prove to his boss that they were really in there. You see the little girl I'd say about 4-5 times in the video -- it's almost as if she's playing hide-n-go-seek. She's always in a corner facing the wall, pretty creepy -- you can make out a girl with dark hair and white dress.

The creepiest part though was when you heard foot steps running at him and at the last second when he turns to run you see her come into focus. Gotta love it :)

17. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    here's whole building http://halloweensunseen.com/faceutmb.html

I had never seen it.....

#17 akperez, Oct 27, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  18. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Can you find a link because I can't find anything on that?

19. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Drugs are bad...mmmkay!

20. LongTimeFan

Here's a thread on it I found:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread20758/pg7#pid881476

It was at the "Smith Building" -- my mom used to live in C.C. and never heard of it, so maybe some posters there know where/what it is... I'll post more links if I find them

EDIT: if someone could explain how, I could maybe burn it onto my HD and make it a torrent if anyone's interested. It's in DVD format.. need to know how to make it .avi or whatever, then how to make a torrent :p

#20 LongTimeFan, Oct 27, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2004