1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official ALCS Thread - Yankees vs Red Sox

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Manny Ramirez, Oct 12, 2004.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

stakes is high! what do you expect?

I fully expect A-Rod to receive hell from the media tomorrow, of course it was classless! he is going to be the goat if the Yankees lose...

my point is that some of you look for every reason to hate the Yankees, just follow the game

as far as riot police, we have the finest police force in the country and I am proud that they are ready and available if necessary and that is all i have to say regarding security.

"The crowd greeted the umpires' reversed call by pelting the field with cups, paper wrappers and other debris.

Francona responded by waving his team off the field. However, there was no escalation in the crowd's anger, which quickly abated.":rolleyes:

oh no, not paper wrappers!

#261 across110thstreet, Oct 20, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

\

Man if you think this is bad, watch soccer matches. This is what being a true fanatic is all about. :D :D

3. punk dee

punk dee Member

What Arod did was stupid but I think it's the spur of the moment thing. He hit an awful gound ball and tried to swipe the ball and make something happen for his team. It's not like punched Arroyo.

Was it dirty? Yeah a little but that's sports these days. I never understood how throwing at someone's head or trying to knockout someone to prevent a double play as Cabera did to Cairo in game 5 is considered fair game.

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The game would have been called with the Sox winning.

Someone else asked if this has ever happened before, a team coming back from an 0-3 deficit.

It has happened twice in professional sports, both times coming in the NHL. It has never happened in MLB, as a matter of fact there has never been a game 7 before...until now.

What a game! All I will say for now is that Alex "A-Hole" Rodriguez has cemented his spot as my all-time hated MFY. What a gigantic loser - I am so glad that this tool never played at the U.

5. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I agree. In the heat of the moment you sometimes do things you wouldn't normally do. I don't think A-rod is a dirty play, i just think he did something he wouldn't normally do.

But what a great series! I picked Boston and figured I was dead when Schilling got hurt and then the Sox got down 0-3. But they have battled back.

6. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

The left side of the Yankees infield:

Jeter - Cheater

7. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Wow. All the Yankees fans in my office (roughly 85% of the company) are subdued today for the first time since... well, since forever. When they're not sulking, they're acting like whiny b****es. Plus, the few Red Sox faithful we have are also subdued, because they're so freaking cautious about jinxing their team (plus, past history tends to get them down, too). Both sets of fans are acting like they've already lost the series. Crazy.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the stat they showed during the game last night was that it has happened in both the NHL and the NBA.

9. Manny Ramirez

Yes but that is forcing a Game 7. It happened 3 times in the NBA with the last one being Portland against Dallas, I think in 2003.

However, it has NEVER happened in MLB - a Game 7 being forced- until now.

And only in the NHL (two times), has the team trailing 0-3 came back to win the series 4-3.

10. codell

codell Contributing Member

(from ESPN)
    Here are the teams who've forced a Game 7 after being down 0-3, and how each fared in the deciding game.

NBA
    2003: Trail Blazers vs. Dallas (Lost)
    1994: Nuggets vs. Utah (Lost)
    1951: Knicks vs. Rochester (Lost)

NHL
    1975: Islanders vs. Philadelphia (Lost)
    1975: Islanders vs. Pittsburgh (Won)
    1945: Red Wings vs. Toronto (Lost)
    1942: Maple Leafs vs. Detroit (Won) 1939: Rangers vs. Boston (Lost)

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Here we go....

12. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

Ortiz with a swat.

13. Lil Pun

Ortiz is the man!

14. Manny Ramirez

Can't believe that Dale Sveum sent Damon on that play. I sure hope that doesn't come back to be a factor in this game.:mad:

15. Lil Pun

Let's not think about that right now Manny, just happy thoughts and let's be thankful Ortiz put the Sox ahead with that two-run bomb! :)

16. New Jack

New Jack Member

Kevin Brown is making Garner's decision not to pitch Clemens on 3 days rest look pretty good right now.

17. Manny Ramirez

Yea, I know; it is just 20 something years of pessism (sp?) is hard to break.

Wow - I can't believe that is it for Brown. Wonder if he will punch Torre or Stottlemyre?

18. Murdock

Murdock Member

It really depends on the pitcher.. Last season Josh Beckett pitched two gems for the Marlins in the post season on 3 days rest..

19. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Johnny Damon can bite me.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

20. codell

codell Contributing Member

i do beleive that Jesus Damon has been forgiven for all his postseason sins