1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NLCS] Cardinals @ Astros Game 5

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 18, 2004.

1. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Is that site run by someone here?

2. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

it's up there for sure though. :)

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

How Sweet it is! Wait is that a Rockets line?

I'm in Dallas. Game was blacked out here out until the BoSox finished. All I saw was Lidge strike out 2 guys as usual.

Then the fabulous 9th inning.

4. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Dude...do you live at the Lofts or something? How'd you get home so quick? or are you in the press box or something? Laptop?

WOOOOOO!!! **** YES! PITCH MUNRO! PITCH CLEMENS! PITCH EVERETT I DON'T CARE....NO WAY WE LOSE GAME 6! GIT-R DONE!!!....I HATE THAT PHRASE BUT I DON'T CARE!!!

HOOOOOOOOLLY CRAP!!!

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

WOW!!!!!

I can catch my freaking breath now, but I've been yelling and running around the house like a madman...The crowd was electric...Beltran looked like a younger Bonds...The pitching story, the ending...too much! I don't know if I cried or sweated more...

I've been watching the Astros since 1986, and this was one of the most meaningful, epic games I have ever seen!!!! We have absolutely never been this far ever. truly epic.

Unbelievable, what a day! WOW!@!!@!

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

as usual, I TIVOd the ending .....after watching it for the 100th time, I noticed something:

after Kent got mobbed, he was pointing to his teamates with a one raised finger saying "1 more win!!!"

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

we are just magical at minute maid right now. game winning homers in the late innings in back to back days. lidge has just been untouchable. i still can't get over pujols at bat. that was just incredible. when is lidge up for a contract extension?

man i hope we don't get in sportscenter's way tonight. damn near rushing through our highlights.

8. unt2003

unt2003 Member

milo is going crazy on the radio. hahaha anyone else hear him singing about beating the red birds in the busch?

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Not only that. As it is tradition, the runners waited for the guy who brought them in, but this time it was BELTRAN who was more ecstatic than most of the other players. You can see him smiling hard.

OK, OK, so I want him to stay, too... :rolleyes:

GO ASTROS!!!!!

10. Tyree

Tyree Member

omg....what a game

11. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Still pumped out. Berman is interviewing kent right now. Just an unbelievable game.

DESTINY

12. AGBee

AGBee Member

I noticed that the first time they showed it. Nice!

13. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Very interesting ...

in the postgame press conference Garner just said that he "has not said yet" who the Game 6 starter will be and, when asked if tonight's outcome influenced his decision, that "he'll announce it tomorrow."

Munro time?

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

with a little time to think about it how true is this? i know they said he went deeper into an LCS game with a no-hitter than anyone ever. and 8 shutout with 1 hit has to be up there with anything anyone has ever done. throw in the fact that it was against this offense and with angel hernandez doing everything in his power to mess him up and me jinxing him with the no-hitter mention, it's gotta be up there around the top 5 or something.

maybe i should point out no-hitters more often if this is the end result.

15. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Garner totally propped the fans and all the noise in the post game press conference!!

WAY TO MAKE SOME NOISE HOUSTON!!

16. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Gerry Hunsicker is a freaking genius. Seriously.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Did they even mention in the ST. LOUIS Monday Night Football that St. Louis Cardinals just lost? Wonder if anybody heard...

I am watching the football game, and some dude had "Rams and Cardinals, Great teams of St. Louis!" (er, those are the ONLY teams of St. Louis... ?)

18. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Since the mound was lowered for the 1969 season, it's got to be among the top five or perhaps ten outings.

19. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

OH **** MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL! I TOTALLY FORGOT!

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

They do have the NHL Blues, sort of.