1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve francis 19 pt 7 rbs 6 ast and ......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowmt01, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

From Orlando's Real GM message board... what one person's thoughts were about Howard, Francis, and Mobley.

Enjoy!

Click for Link

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:33 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my take on the game and individual performances..
    DWIGHT HOWARD:
    THE GOOD:
    First off Dwight Howard was sickning...5 dunks in the first half, 6 total?!?!! The dunk he had on Dantae Jones was rediculous, It almost looked like Dante chest bumped him in the air and Dwight just took him up with him Dwight showed an outburst of emotion for the first time that I've seen (he let out the yell) That picture of Francis and Dwight doesn't do justice, Dwight walked around with Franchise on his back for like 20 seconds...It was almost like Dwight didn't know he was there. Dwight REALLY has a great feel for the game as far as watching the passing lanes on offense and defense. He knows when to break to the basket very well. Dwight Howard true to his word really did take a page out of Karl Malone's book (Running transition),I thought all that (studying Malone tapes) was just the company line. I will never doubt Dwight Howard's word again. Dwight Howard is "The Truth".
    THE BAD:
    Dwight REALLY needs to learn to box out his man. The rebounds he got were off of pure length and Athleticsm, Gasol got inside Dwight numorous times tonite for putbacks.
    Dwight STILL HAS to find that balance of knowing when to and not to leave his feet (going for blocks). Could have had 25 if he could put down his free throws, We know he's capable.

STEVE FRANCIS:
    THE GOOD AND BAD:
    Francis takes A LOT of time of the clock holding the ball, Even bringing the ball upcourt he doesn't really get the ball over halfcourt until around 19 seconds remaining (I started watching it), The offense really doesn't even start going until around the 11-12 second mark, We will see A LOT of shotclock beater shots and violations. The good is that for all the time he wastes in getting the ball where it needs to go, He makes some HUGE PLAYS, When he has to. Even while Grant Hill was in the game, the offense was STILL stalled, Francis didn't play hardly ANY minutes at two guard tonite, on defense he is a ballhawk when he needs to, but early in the game he tends to overun the ballhandler almost every trip upcourt. Had bad hands to begin the game, he bobbled the dribble often in the first 15:00 or so.
    THE GOOD: He makes so exiting plays, He goes 1on1 so often that you will see someones ankles get broken at least every 3rd trip up court (This could also be in the BAD). He gets the crowd and his teamates involved in the game, Him with Dwight was classic. He fouled out BOTH point guards for the Grizzlies and went 11-11 from the line. He ends up on the floor A LOT, And a wierd thing I noticed is he never gets up by himself he always has someone or the whole team run over and help him up, On one occasion he fell in the frontcourt bringing the ball up and Johnny Davis went and helped him up.

CUTTINO MOBLEY:
    THE GOOD: Had the stroke going tonite. He isn't scared one bit to take the big shots. 24 points.
    THE BAD: Mike Miller gave him fits with his size advantage offensively and on defense. Mobley also goes into a hold the ball mode while looking for his shot.

2. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

Try this click and go to the topic about Grizzlies @ Magic

Sorry the first link did not work

Click Here

3. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Somethings never change ;)

Besh of wishes though.

4. dfoolz

dfoolz Member

Turnover machine SF!! What is f-new I am glad his a== is gone!

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

geez dude....calm down.

6. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

DWIGHT HOWARD <---the future of that team!

#66 DavidS, Oct 13, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  7. AGBee

AGBee Member

Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts

20 4-6 0-0 10-15 1 4 1 4 1 1 2 18

4 TO's, 1 assist...I miss you Steve :(

8. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Lol, I swear if it was up to some people on this board, we would still have Francis instead of getting McGrady. "I miss Francis" :(. Same people complaining last year when Francis had 4 or 5 turnovers a game. It just astounds me really. You guys continue missing Francis and I'll just move on and watch as McGrady takes us to the next level. *sigh*

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

i also miss Francis, i loved the fact how hard he played for us. But i love the fact that T-Mac plays for us. If he shows us he works hard everybody wil be glad.
    (i was in favour of the trade).
    I really hope he will play good for orlando.

Did howard foul out both games he played?(i know it is preseason)

10. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

Francis played his heart out when he is a Rockets.... I will definitely miss his heart.... but he doesn't fit well with Jeff's system which runs through Yao..... thus we try to get someone else to fit in (TMAC).....

I miss Francis.... but I love our team now :D

Go Rockets

11. Just B

Just B Member

You do that...

And just wondering, how are you saying what everyone was like around here last season when you've only been around since July of this year?

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

rofl - I have always wondered that, too. Good to see that a Magic fan noticed that right away.

I would be lying if I said I miss Francis; however, I do hope that he, Mobley, and Cato do well in Orlando. It would be neat to see us play them in the Finals.

13. Just B

Just B Member

[​IMG]

What's he talking about? It's only 3 people helping him up! :p

14. James23

James23 Member

i don't care if SF average 25pts, 8reb, and 10 assists a game this year. he's not a winner. i'm glad to see him and the Cat go.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Being in the East, he might just be one.

16. RocketsFAN3035

uuuuummmmmmm.........

Miami is in thier Division........................good luck with that

17. PXZ

PXZ Member

How many games did T-Mac win last year?

18. SHANGHAi

SHANGHAi Member

:( Something about the Rockets just doesn't feel the same without Steve. Sure he held the ball a bit, but you know you loved those buzzer beaters because they got you off of your seat screaming profane cheers of joy. Eh, I miss Steve.

19. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I already am...

Believe it or not, I didn't become a Rocket fan when I joined this board in July. I actually live in Houston and talk to many Rocket fans who share the same views as many posters on this board. They loathed Francis and his turnovers and were to a point sad when he left but definitely happy that we upgraded by getting McGrady. Maybe I should have made myself clearer because I meant Rocket fans' in general. Anyway, I guess it perplexes me how people hated how Francis played when he was here and then were sad when we traded him.........and for Tmac no less. :confused:

20. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

OT, but DUDE those new Memphis uni's are FUGLY!