1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do Not Use AT&T for Local Service

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Feb 25, 2000.

Tags:
  1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Greetings fellow CC.NET BBS'ers and Chatters,

I recently switched my local phone service from Southwestern Bell to AT&T (who supposedly was going to offer me a better rate) in the switch, AT&T disconnected my computer line and then proceeded to disconnected my main phone line the following day. The computer line has come back on but my main line is still down. I have since switched back to SWB and will have to wait at least a week for service to be completely re-connected. All this after they told me there would be "no interruption of service"

My advice to anyone out there currently using your local Bell Service is to stick with them. DO NOT USE AT&T local service. First of all, AT&T rents the lines from your local Bell Telephone Co. Your local Bell service still maintains the lines. If you have a service problem, AT&T sends out, you guessed it, a Bell Technician...

This whole thing has been nothing but a TOTAL MESS!!

This is one person's experience with AT&T local service, needless to say, I have also stopped using AT&T for my long distance, as well. After ten years of faithful service, all it takes is a big-@ss screw up like this for me tell all my friends that AT&T bites..They've lost a loyal customer.

So... in summary.

rockHEAD will never use AT&T again and urges all readers of this post to NOT USE THEM FOR LOCAL
    SERVICE!!!

later
    rockHEAD

[This message has been edited by rockHEAD (edited February 25, 2000).]