1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OTIS THORPE Images Needed! Please Help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DREAMer, Feb 16, 2000.

1. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Calling all cars. Calling all cars.

I am in dire need of photos of Otis Thorpe when he was a Houston Rocket. I would like to use them for my Rocket web page.

When OT played here he was my second favorite Rocket after Hakeem. And, much of the time I knew Hakeem would produce, so I spent most of my time rooting for big OT and I really enjoyed the time he spent as a Rocket.

One of my saddest moments in my life as a Rocket fan was the day I heard that we had traded OT for Drexler. I was crushed. I also couldn't understand why the Trail Blazers wanted another PF when they had like 5 of them on their roster. Also, OT didn't start much when he got there and was sometimes the 3rd PF in the game.

Of course, I was happy that we had gotten Clyde, but dammit, why didn't we trade someone else? Someone that Portland could actually use? Someone like Vernon Maxwell? Oh well, it's all water under the bridge and we did get our 2nd NBA championship out of it. That lessened the sting of losing one of my all-time favorite Rockets, but I still miss him.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

2. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Aight people, someone has to know something...

------------------

3. OT

OT Member

I found someone who liked OT as much as I did. I think I liked OT more than Dream back then. I use to love to watch his battles under the boards with all the so-call tough guys. He could hold his own with anybody and he NEVER complained. He just did his job. That's what I liked about him on the court.

I don't know where you can find some pictures but, if I do find some I will let you know. I would like to have the URL of your web page and see your tribute to OT.

4. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Paul's Unofficial Rocket Page

The link is in my profile also. It's not just devoted to big OT, but as soon as I can get some images, he'll have his own photo page.

------------------