1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Eddie Griffin to Timberwolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Khal80, Oct 5, 2004.

1. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

you guys concentrate too much on his offensive game. he doesnt really have to score that much because he is playing ball with mr mvp big ticket. all he has to do is block shots from the weakside and rebound. and besides griffin is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than gary trent by a longshot. i feel like im posting on nba dish instead of garm because i havent mention the rockets yet in this topic.

2. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I have to disagree. We need a low post presence to take the pressure off Yao. With Eddie standing around the 3 point line all the time, that does nothing to help out Yao when he's getting double and triple teamed. That in effect will cause more turnovers and easy buckets for the oponent.

3. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Yeah, maybe KG can knock some sense into him after Eddie scores on him a couple times in practice.

10 stitches? 20 Stitches? The more the better.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I bet Nbudi Ebi will become a better player than Eddie Griffin.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

They drafted him becuase of the similarities to KG lets see if he will pan out in a couple years or just be a bust.

6. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

7. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I'll take that bet.

9. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

I guess there are several ways to look at it, He is straight and wants to be a success in the NBA, or he has ran out of money and needs to get another contract with a pay check to continue on his way. I am thinking its the pay check!

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why do people insist on not reading the description of the GARM :mad: :rolleyes:

rocket river

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he is only 22 years old....I would not bet against him.

Not many 22 year olds are all that mature.

DD

12. droxford

droxford Member

For me, at the core of it, I'm angry that the Rockets did so much to draft Eddie, and did so much to help Eddie, and his actions were a direct slap in the face to the ball club, the city of Houston, and the fans.

When we drafted him, I was very excited about it. Now I hate him. Yes, I said it. I have the guts to actually use the politically incorrect h-word. I'll repeat it: I hate him.

I wouldn't pee on him if his hair was on fire.

-- droxford

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Geez you think you might have some misdirected ANGER. An anger management class might be in order. The kid was 20 when he was making mistakes with the Rockets. 20 year old's that grow in a healthy environment still do stupid things. And Eddie did not have the luxury of that kind of life.

Yeah sure it su cks that he may eventually become a solid ballplayer for someone else. But Eddie wanted to stay a Rocket. He just made some stupid mistakes. It was the Rockets choice to dump the kid. Or should I say JVG's choice. You either agree with JVG's decision or disagree with it. You either believe Eddie had more than enough opportunities to prove himself and it was time to dump him or you don't. But you should know Rudy, Kevin Mchale and Pat Riley all thought Eddie was worth another chance and JVG didn't.

Maybe that's the kind of discipline this team needs and losing Eddie will be beneficial for us. Only time will tell.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

No, he'll be too busy shooting at his next girlfriend.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

One thing that has not yet been dredged up again in this thread is the fact that he was suffering from depression. Depression affected his performance on the court, it encouraged his drug-use, and screwed up his private life. The reason he fell out of the league in the first place is because of depression.

I think there must be some direct correlation between fans who think depression is some hokey headshrink ploy cococted by psychotic-drug-manufacturers and those who think that EG will never be a player. Depression is treatable. With proper care and proper support, EG might overcome and control his depression. If he can do that, he won't be fighting with teammates, shooting at girlfriends, doing drugs, missing practices, and not caring on the court.

16. droxford

droxford Member

[sarcasm]

You're right - he was only 20, so it's okay for him to shoot at people. That's just kids being kids!

And, hey, it's just a multi-million dollar deal he signed with the rockets. That's nothing. Boys will be boys.

Aw shucks - that Eddie! What a joker. He betrayed hundreds of thousands of fans by screwing over his team! He's so funny! I like him!

[/sarcasm]

-- droxford