1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Oakland (2-1) @ Texans (1-2)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 28, 2004.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Best game Chris Palmer has called all season, maybe in his Texans career (except for running three times inside the 10 yard line).

I think because DD was out, they actually used the HB to RUN and the WR's to PASS...the screens were going to Andre more, and he does a lot more with those than our HB's do, as well as catching those slants.

I've been saying it all season...get Andre the ball and nothing but good things will happen for this offense. He's to big, strong, and fast to be stopped.

2. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Great game by the Texans. If I was Capers I would think about letting Dunta Robinson return punts because he is a threat to score everytime he touches the ball. He reminds me alot of Phillip Buchcanon. I don't think he will be a shutdown corner but the guy can make plays.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Paraphrase warning....Capers said something of the effect that D'angelos Hall's return ability was worthg zero because he wouldn't risk a starting CB returning kicks.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You mean dante?

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think he meant Capers was talking about Hall's perceived value over Robinson because he is an excellent punt returner.

6. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I don't really agree with that. I know he is the coach so he can do what he wants but when you have a playmaker like Dunta on the team you need to put that guy on the field as much as you can. I would leave JJ on kickoffs and put Dunta on the punt returns.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

DUH... dante? :confused: Dunta! Man.. talk about a weird name ;)

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

I was amazed at how many false starts the Raiders had. Didnt they have like 8 or 9 false starts? I'm not complaining though, my team won.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

2-2 after 4 games is about what i expected. great game.

10. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Excellent win for the Texans. The play calling looked much better, and the O-Line played excellent......Good Luck the rest of the way!!

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Great game....I can't believe how the D came through...Its amazing how everything came together...2-2, just what I expected, altough I thought we'd win the first two wand lose the next two...

Go Texans!!!

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, Woodson may have shut Moss down, but he didn't do much to Andre. I especially enjoyed that first quick side pass where Johnson juked Woodson so bad he almost didn't even get a finger on him as he blew right by.

Andre is the man.

13. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I think by year 4 he will be in the same class as Moss, T.O. and Harrison.