1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ONION] Docs Reveal Gaps in W's service as President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mulder, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

WASHINGTON, DC—Freshly unearthed public documents, ranging from newspapers to cabinet-meeting minutes, seem to indicate large gaps in George W. Bush's service as president, a spokesman for the watchdog group Citizens for an Informed Society announced Monday.

"We originally invoked the Freedom Of Information Act to request material relating to Bush's spotty record while in office," CIS director Catherine Rocklin said. "But then we realized that the information was readily available at the corner newsstand, on the Internet, and from our friends and neighbors who pay attention to the news."

According to Rocklin, the most damning documents were generated at roughly one-day intervals during a period beginning in January 2001 and ending this week. The document's sources include, but are not limited to, the U.S. newspaper The New York Times, the London-based Economist magazine, and the well-known international business and finance record, The Wall Street Journal.

"Factual data presented in these publications indicates that Bush took little or no action on issues as widely varied as the stalled economy, increasing violence in post-war Iraq, and the lagging public education system," Rocklin said. "The newsprint documents also reveal huge disparities between the ways Bush claimed to have served Medicare patients, and what he actually did."

Democratic vice-presidential nominee John Edwards said he was not surprised by the report.

"These documents reconfirm what they told us the first time we saw them," Edwards said while stumping for Kerry in Ohio. "Namely, that our president was seriously negligent during the three and a half years he was supposed to be serving his country."

House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-TX) is one of many Republicans who demanded an independent investigation into the authenticity of the documents.

"We're fairly confident that these so-called 'news stories' will turn out to be partisan smear tactics," DeLay said. "I wouldn't be surprised if all 11 billion of these words turn out to be forgeries. For thousands of reporters, editors, and government officials to claim that Bush compromised the security and fiscal health of this nation is not merely anti-American, but also dangerous."

In addition to the media documents, CIS examined more than 20,000 government records, which ranged from U.S. Department of Labor unemployment reports to transcripts of State Of The Union addresses.

link

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rev. Jackson Brings Black Windsurfers Into Kerry Camp
    by Scott Ott

(2004-09-29) -- Although the Rev. Jesse Jackson just signed onto the Kerry-Edwards campaign today as a senior advisor, he has already secured the endorsement of several influential African-American groups.

The American Society of Black Windsurfers (ASBW) today endorsed John Forbes Kerry's presidential candidacy calling him "the only candidate whom Jesse Jackson says understands our needs...dude."

In addition to the Black windsurfers, the Rev. Jackson said he'll welcome the African-American Snowboarding Association (AASA) into the Kerry camp tonight during a news conference in Aspen, Colorado.

The famed civil rights leader also characterized as "more than cordial" his talks with the United Negro Ivy League College Alumni Foundation (UNILCAF).

"I'm honored that John Kerry asked me to serve on his campaign team," said the Rev. Jackson. "And the fact that he brought me in so early in the process demonstrates the esteem in which he holds my people. There is a great affinity between Sen. Kerry and the Black community as these endorsements show."

The Rev. Jackson refuses to accept a paycheck for his role as senior advisor to Mr. Kerry, saying that "money can't buy loyalty and commitment to the principles and values which matter to me."

In unrelated news, the Democrat National Committee (DNC) today announced it will make a "substantial seven-figure contribution" to the Chicago-based Rainbow/PUSH Coalition.

Scrappleface

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

4. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Kerry is so boss...

Kerry: I'll Kill Bin Laden with My Bare Hands

(2004-09-24) -- As part of his continued effort to portray himself as tougher on terrorism than President Bush, Democrat rival John Forbes Kerry said today, "When I'm President of the United States, I will kill Usama bin Laden with my own bare hands."

"George W. Bush let bin Laden escape from Tora Bora, because Bush never served in combat," said Mr. Kerry, a professional Vietnam veteran who is also a U.S. Senator. "When I'm president I will make it my personal priority to track down bin Laden and slay him with these mighty, sinewy hands."

Mr. Kerry said he would "hunt bin Laden like a migratory waterfowl--pursuing him on bicycle, windsurfing board, skis and even my family's SUV if necessary. Yes, I'm so serious about defending America from terror that I'm willing to sully the atmosphere for a time, if that's what it takes."

link