1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans (0-2) @ Chiefs (0-2)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Truth

Truth Member

I dont know who needs to sit... but Antwan Peek needs to be out there on defense.

2. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Great win by the Texans and Andre made maybe the best catch of the season. Hopefully D.D. will be ready to rumble on the Raiders next week.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

How come they don't use Billy Miller much anymore? I saw him one brief time in the game. I thought he would be a good use of a reciever. I don't think he blocks too well, but he makes up for catching the ball in the middle.

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

All I can say is it's about damn time they let ANDRE JOHNSON make some plays. This is what can happen when you let a talented QB use his arm and a talented WR go get the ball.

Great win!!!

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

They still need to do more, of course. Big plays with AJ don't always have to be straight down the field hope you catch it type plays.

I'm not a football coach, and I realize the slot receiver plays the middle of the field a little more, but I don't see why AJ can't run more crossing routes.

Also, when the defense finally started doing some blitzing you saw them disrupt the Chiefs offense. Of course, when you blitz you leave yourself vulnerable, but it clearly hustles the quarterback, if not sacking him. The 3-4 only seems to work when you have super-aggresive linebackers that can get the quarterback, which Sharper/Wong & Co. haven't proved they can consistently do yet.

6. JamesC

JamesC Member

That was a great all around effort by the Texans. They made the big plays when they needed to. I've gotta give props to Jonathan Wells though. I never thought he'd see the light of day again, especially after they signed Stacy Mack last year, then Domanick Davis emerging. He got his chance and he played well.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad we won, but I gotta say I was screaming at the TV just as much, if not more, this game as I was the first two games. This team still has a lot of shortcomings, especially on defense where they just got man-handled for most of the game.

Also, something I wanted to point out. For those that kept complaining about Carr checking down to the RB dump off too often, did you pay attention to that first Texans drive? Not one dump off....and not one completion. It looked almost as if Carr was going out of his way to throw the ball down the field, but he was highly innacurate. I know our O-line has been below average this season so far...but I really don't like the strategy of sending David out of the pocket so much. All those roll outs never seemed to work. Too often Carr was throwing off his back leg or throwing back across the length of the field, which is VERY dangerous.

That was a hell of a catch by Andre though.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I haven't yelled so much in such a long time...Great game and win for us...woohoo...

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What a fun game!!! This is why it's great to have an NFL team in town.

Go Texans!!!!!

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I would say that Greg Robinson is off the hook for KC's defensive failures last year. Gunther Cunningham proved to be incapable of stopping Houston in the 4th Q yesterday.

11. Chump

Chump Member

that idiot JASON WHITLOCK at the Kansas City Star is at it again..

how do you "settle" for a game-winning FG?

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I didn't see the game, but a win in K.C., that is as good as it gets. That's something to build on.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This was one hell of an entertaining game.

AJ is just amazing....

14. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

I think he meant that Capers was content to settle for an attempt at a 49 yarder, rather than asking Carr to try to squeeze out an extra 10 yards or so. I know I would have felt more confident if it had been a 30 yarder.

But come on, Whitlock's a homer, can you blame him? His Chefs (but who are the Chefs?) were supposed to contend for the super bowl. They started 0-2, then had a game at home against the Texans, who have lost to the Chargers (at home!) and the Lions. I'm sure every KC fan was positive they'd finally win a game. He's disappointed and bitter.

That said, I have to say I'm still not totally sold on David Carr. He's clearly got the tools, but I guess I feel like he hasn't put it all together yet. I don't think it's all his fault, and he is making progress. But it seems like some people think he's already a great NFL QB, and I just don't think so yet.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Beautiful call, Life2Def.

I was off by 975.