1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ official ] Trump for president 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

2. astros123

astros123 Member

I sincerely love people who say "democratic plantation" but somehow the republican who want to gut thr civil rights act to give white supremacists the same protections isn't some plantation. Somehow white folks never had plantations lol.

every time you hear a MAGAT speak you realize it's all due to brainwashing and disinformation. Good people who are brainwashed and spewed disinformation

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

7. astros123

astros123 Member

A part of me wants trump to win so can burn the entire nation to the ground. He's running to be Hitler 2.0 and if he wins only America has themselves to blame. He will burn everything to the ground in vengeance and America would've 100% deserved it

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There’s a saying that with democracy you get the government you deserve. The Founders understood this and is why they put in all the checks and balances into our system.

What we’re seeing though is how through partisan loyalty this checks can be overwhelmed or even co-opted. This is the real danger that we face they the very tools (independent judiciary, federal versus state power sharing) to prevent concentration of power end up helping it.

following up on other threads yes inflation is an issue and US foreign policy are but as I’ve asked for those upset about Gaza is Gaza going to be better with Trump as President? Is being upset that hamburgers are more expensive worth undermining the Constitution?

Rashmon, Xopher and ROCKSS like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

but Biden is old

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'd rather just have the American autocratic movement called MAGA lose in spectacular fashion in a way that finally forces them to realize if they want any power and say so in this country then they have to learn to live with the other 60% of America in a civilized Democratic way.

However I unfortunately don't see a movement that is anywhere close to burning out, and learning it's lesson. Mostly because at the ground level all the way up, they see that they actually have power still, and seeing it's effect. Mostly because of the Supreme Court which is actively ruling from the bench in the most partisan way possible. I firmly believe if the Supreme Court was like... normal... the MAGA movement here in the US would be looking at the situation and saying to themselves that they should look at an alternative route to political power. Right now though, it's obvious that they see they can operate with impunity and the fix is in.

The United States Supreme Court is Scott Foster... and the Democratic majority of the United States is Chris Paul in game 7. If you are the opposing team playing against a Chris Paul led team and Scott Foster is the ref... you'd feel pretty good about your odds before that game even if the Chris Paul team has the better players.

Rashmon, FranchiseBlade and astros123 like this.
  14. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I am trying to figure out the whole Biden/Inflation argument. Look at any other country and the articles in their papers/websites. They are all complaining about inflation. This isn't just happening in the US. I really wish COVID would have started in the 1st year of Trump's presidency. Then all these people complaining would see there wouldn't have been any difference in the COVID/economic recovery. In fact things might have been worse.

rocketsjudoka and astros123 like this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I hear that Biden is old AF. That could be it. Or maybe it is the crisis at the border?

Anywho my parents used to pay 25 cents per gallon for gas. It was way more expensive now. I blame Biden.

Did I mention that Biden is old AF?

Xopher likes this.
  16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

17. NewRoxFan

The republican candidate for president is mentally unstable...

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that the price of food and fuel
    Is very visible and one that everyone deals with. A big chunk of the country doesn’t own stock so even though we’re at record high markets not everyone benefits directly from that.

Unfortunately while US inflation is relatively low compared to other countries it’s not like Americans are experiencing the inflation that Europeans are dealing with. Also there is little the President can do to change inflation quickly. Most of the tools are with the fed and those also have negative affects.

This is definitely a problem for the Biden campaign and they need to try to connect improving job numbers and actual wage growth while hoping inflation declines further.

juicystream and Xopher like this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He literally says...."Would you rather have the black guy or the white guy as President"

Can we just all acknowledge the man is a rapist and a racist.

DD

No Worries and deb4rockets like this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's crazy to me that VP hopeful Scott, crazy Royce White, and the rest of the so called Blacks for Trump support a racist who feels that way.