1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How About This Weather We've Been Having?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, May 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The more stories I hear like this the worse feeling I get. The center point map has me as getting power tonight but if that's what it took to get you power it will be even more work for us.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Congratulations you won the debate!

My folks got their power back yesterday but apparently a power surge during the storm fried their AC unit - ironically they just sold the house on Friday so it's technically not their prob but they're going to fix it anyway

FishBulb913 likes this.
  4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Crew trucks swarmed our street and neighborhood (Timbergrove/lazybrook) this afternoon. Power came on 30 minutes ago. Feel bad because the people across the street are still out…I bet they are livid. Guess I didn’t need that extra 100 lbs of propane for the generator I got earlier this afternoon after all

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they might have prioritized the Sinclair grid, which maybe you’re a part of.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I live within walking distance of Montrose/Westheimer, and my power came back on about an hour ago.

Ziggy likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

That's a tornado.

8. Poloshirtbandit

The traffic lights at Westheimer and Montrose are jacked up. One was almost hanging over Smoothie King this morning.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Super interesting when the rain was so intense that they couldn't even receive radio signals. I've never anything quite like that storm -- kinda terrifying.

cwebbster and KingCheetah like this.
  10. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

We live in Spring Branch West. Still no power, but the estimate from centerpoint is to get it today. We've heard that some in the area are getting it back, but we actually left on Saturday to go to my sisters (wife plus 3 kids, youngest being 3 - we just didn't want to deal with the heat). Currently working remotely from my brother in law's cabin, so we're good and not rushing to get back.

My invest in a generator that would do fridge + small portable AC + fans/washing machine and whatnot, but not going to rush into it right away. Any recommendations on the size of generator something like that might need?

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think y'all have a whole separate thread running for that with some great ideas floating around in there.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've never been SCARED before during a weather event, this was the first time. Despite the genuine fear, I still stood there staring out the window, transfixed on my fence, hoping it wouldn't blow away. Butthole pinched TIGHT hoping I wouldn't have to spend too much time and money to get back to normal.

For each second of superhuman wind there was a dollar figure attached, I swear.

ima_drummer2k, macho GRANDE and B-Bob like this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I would have killed for just that kind of damage. Heights blvd down to i10, there was a BILLBOARD on top of a car. There have been no less than 28 trucks working 11th/shepherd area 24x7 and still no electricity there (as of a few hrs ago).

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  14. SuraGotMadHops

Still nothing in east Spring Branch. Centerpoint's outage map had me getting power back by end of day yesterday, it didn't come. Now the new map has me getting power by end of day today. If they don't know then just say you don't know, don't keep giving us false hope.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's a derecho.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looking at a potential big squall line coming through the upper Midwest tomorrow. Minneapolis looks like the Northern end of it so might miss it but parts of Iowa and WI could be hit bad.

17. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

My work is on Campbell between Hempstead and Clay and the power came on this am.............was kind of hoping for another day off LOL

macho GRANDE likes this.
  18. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Same. Unfortunately, my fence didn't make it.

Ziggy and ROCKSS like this.
  19. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Same in West Spring Branch. We went out of town, but neighbors are keeping us updated. I have heard of some pockets in the area getting power though, so they are making progress.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've driven through some seriously intense weather before and the last thing I would want to do it get off the freeway and get stuck on the feeder. I find it best to just keep moving, even if it's 5mph. I don't want to be stuck anywhere where I can't move.

KingCheetah likes this.