1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC SEMIFINALS] (1) Oklahoma City Vs. (5) Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, May 3, 2024.

?

(1) Oklahoma City Thunder Vs. (5) Dallas Mavericks

1. Thunder in 4

2. Thunder in 5

3. Thunder in 6

4. Thunder in 7

5. Mavericks in 4

6. Mavericks in 5

7. Mavericks in 6

8. Mavericks in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

How do you feel?

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Yeah, I didn’t think so as well

zeeshan2 likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen Green is on the cusp of being a failed top 3 pick…next year is make or break

Jabari needs to show me something…so far he’s top 3 pick who’s just been a guy…if he was on the Magic or Thunder giving the same meh production he’s given us, we’d be clowning dude

don’t get me started on Amen shooting like he’s blindfolded with 2 left hands…I do think highly of his defense tho

they better make the playoffs the next season, that’s all I’m gonna say…and looking back, we’ve really only made the playoffs 13 times since 1999…hopefully I don’t pass away before we ever make another NBA finals

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

they really gotta find a way to make the playoffs top 16 records and not top 8 in each conference

both the Knicks and Pacers are likely 1st round exits in the West, especially the Pacers

Boston basically got a bye to the NBA finals

tehG l i d e likes this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Conflicting emotions but I wish OKC had won.
    1 I like OKC better than Dallas
    2 I want the winner to offer the best competition in the next round (which is the Mavs)

I find Mark Cuban revolting and Luka and Kyrie impossible to like.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

nevermind, maybe Presti not so good after all, lol

He gave us Sengun too.

maybe someone can have too many draft picks.

#307 DreamShook, May 18, 2024
    Last edited: May 18, 2024
    J.R. likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

now who's the negative hater? sad.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m just telling u all the bad juju that is befalling the Rockets

Rockets got top 3 picks…expectation is a 5 star meal, and instead we got frozen TV dinner

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

naw fam, you are just pointing out all the worst things and not focusing on what we have comparable to the other teams in the league...

Rockets have been pretty fortunate in a lot of ways.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao, Derek Lively would not be anything without a passer like Doncic.

This is how the NBA works now, you have seen with the Pistons that they were out for the first pick in 4 consecutive years and only got 1 out of 4......

The Draft is pretty even for most teams.

The Thunder were way ahead of schedule, I did not think they would make the Finals, but yeah, the Nuggets are struggling mightily though.

Mavs have 2 of the best closers in the league, naturally, they are going to be a contender although not consistent enough.

Washington was the surprise guy this series all along with multiple 20+ ppg performances, this game DJones jr, Thunder gambled on Hayward, I mean, yeah, it was a low risk, above average reward move.

#311 daywalker02, May 18, 2024
    Last edited: May 18, 2024
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Presti thought Chet was going to be enough for rebounds. If Presti doesn't give in to his hubris and gets a rebounder OKC wins.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sigh. Wrong about sports. Again. Somebody could make a lot of money if they just bet against my predictions. It's pretty amazing.

Easy likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Naturally you were also focusing on the bad things on Thunder like Reeko was on the Rox....

The rebounding was by design, they wanted to perfect small ball with Chet as the smash screen giant .......

The Mavs just outdueled them by the trade deadline, getting back 2 players that were extremely lethal for the opponent, not just Thunder.

Harden can sing a song. I have never seen that happening with the Mavs, but it reminds me of the time they got Peja, Kidd, Deshawn Stevenson, Corey Brewer, and we know what happened there, that is why I hope they do not win the title.

15. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What was vegas saying about this series?

Good payout for those who picked DAL to win the series?

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are not wrong, they are awfully close to that level, they only need 1 or 2 players......

The Rockets are at least 2-3 years away from the 2nd round barring injuries. The Thunder are 1 Impact player away from the Finals.

Chet and better JDub were what got them from 40 Wins to 57 Games and 2nd Round.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OKC's rebounding deficiencies have been known by Presti and Mark Daigneault since the season started. Daigneault has discussed it openly. For some unknown reason, Presti chose not to give this year's team a legit shot at the Finals by addressing their most flamingly obvious weakness. That's his bad for blowing an opportunity. Instead, they brought in Gordon Hayward and Bismack Biyombo who weren't worth a dime.

DreamShook and daywalker02 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hayward was a 14 ppg scorer with the Hornets, while he has been really regressing.

Nobody saw that he could not even score 5 points and make no three pointers at all. Like nobody.

This is like giving CP3 a short deal and CP3 has like 1 assist per game......it is rare too.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Need the mavs to lose next round. Can’t take their fans anymore puffing their chests

Little Bit likes this.