1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think I'm a "no" on Garland--downward negative trend and doesn't play enough defense.

Jarrett Allen is too good to be a backup center, I can't imagine he's worth either the cost in assets or the monetary cost to us. I don't think he can share the court with Sengun.

Some of y'all are going to be like "aw hell naw" to this, but the guy I'd be interested in on Cleveland's roster is probably not available--Mobley. I think he would fit well alongside Sengun and there's more shooting development to come for him. If Ime can kick his ass into shape he's that super-mobile PF/C type that can play with Alpi and guard the faster frontcourt assignment.

DrNuegebauer, Y2JT and hlmbasketball like this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I'm actually very interested in Garland. He'd cost way less than Mitchell. I'd happily trade FVV + the #3 pick for him. Perhaps even more, though I wouldn't trade any of our young prospects. That locks down the 1, 4, and 5 for us, and we have good prospects at the 2 and 3.

#2123 Houston77, May 16, 2024
    Last edited: May 16, 2024
    Mathloom, PatBev and theDude like this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

I can see the appeal, he's a young dude and a solid offensive player, but I just don't think he's as good as FVV, primarily due to his defense which has been pretty up and down. It also just bothers me anytime you see a younger player on a downward trajectory--he's gotten worse each of the last two seasons, he's not yet ever been as good as he was in 21-22. I suppose you could argue he just needs a change of scenery?

I wouldn't hate it if that's the direction the FO wants to go, but I don't think it's a move I'd personally make.

Holybats, Little Bit and saleem like this.
  5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Whyyyyyyyyy? Whyyyyyyy?

6. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the downward trend is just due to the arrival of Mitchell, hence the likelihood he asks for a trade if Mitchell stays. He's not as good as FVV, but he's six years younger and still has room for improvement. FVV is not as good as he was two years ago and will probably never be even as good as he was this year again, so I don't think how they compare right now should factor in at all. FVV was always a stopgap.

7. Houston77

Supporting Member

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I used to really like the idea of trading for bridges, but with Cam and Tari looking so promising, I’m not sure it makes all that much sense. Trading important assets for a #3 guy when u are not close to contending doesn’t make much sense either. Unless it’s a sweetheart deal I don’t think we should be going after bridges. Other targets make more sense.

Y2JT, Shark44, Slim and 4 others like this.
  9. theDude

Supporting Member

So they are finally waking up?

I like Mikal Bridges, but I see enough similarities in these Year 2 numbers that I think we should continue developing Tari and try to address areas where we don't really have a long-term option (like PG).

Y2JT likes this.
  10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Bridges has been vastly overrated by some here, at times, but Brooks + #3 for Bridges is an offer I sense will seriously be on the table.

BMoney, jcmoon, RudyTBag and 2 others like this.
  11. theDude

Supporting Member

How great would that be? They turned down Green and multiple picks only to come back 6 months later and accept Brooks and 1 pick... which was originally their own pick anyway.

12. fattz

fattz Member

J Green & Adams
    For
    Isaac & Black

magic get the scoring they need in Green and replace an injured big defenseman with another one but Adams is a well rounded vet.

we draft Sheppard -> #3
    Let Isaac start
    Black gets groomed by FVV

next year start with
    Sengun / Isaac / Smith / Cam / FVV
    Landale / Eason / Thompson / Sheppard / Black

rehome Brooks & Tate

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

That’s seriously undervaluing Green

Aruba77 and matchesmalone like this.
  14. RLP55

RLP55 Member

HOU #3 & Jalen Green

CHA. Miles Bridges and Grant Williams. Hard pass on Mikal Bridges.

For all you #s geeks. Bridges defensive rating this year was 119.6, Greens was 114.7. League average 116.1.

TBH, I don’t fully understand the defensive rating composition. But I just wanted to get a perspective of the notion “Bridges defense sucks”. I trust in Udoka demanding and getting more defensive productivity out of his players.

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Lower is better for defensive rating.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I almost feel like Brooks plus #3 is an overpay for Bridges at this point. When it was probably going to be #9 that's a different story

Corrosion and Y2JT like this.
  17. Houston77

Supporting Member

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

A DAY late and a DOLLAR short

matchesmalone likes this.
  19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

It's an overpay for the rockets because he's useless to us, but if we were a contender it's not a bad deal, considering brooks has over 60 mil and is basically dead money

20. fattz

fattz Member

I didn’t think we were giving enough. Maybe they add #18.

FVV then going forward Thompson and Black will lock down the league.

Cam and Sheppard shooting opens up everything.

Isaac & Smith lock everything up and can shoot as well to keep everybody honest. Eason is the star as he comes off the bench with starters minutes.

Sengun is our leader and feeds everyone then gets his own. Landale backs him up.

#18 bpa because after this trade all bases are covered.