1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what is the highest pick we could get for jalen in this draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheBeastSystem, May 15, 2024.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

After the 2nd Pick there is huge dropoff.
    I think Rafael Stone should take a gamble on a Hidden Player.

Cody Williams 6'8, Long Wingspan brother of Jalen Williams of OKC. Cody shot 58% from the field.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

who are the two players you have in that top tier?

3. The geth & the reaper

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Take your pick...
    upload_2024-5-16_19-11-53.png

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

And that is why these people are not GM’s. As I said, how do they know what “low IQ” is in basketball when they have no concept of what “high IQ” is? Lol

cbass, JayGoogle and Dobbizzle like this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It's like they just don't understand that nobody in the draft is projected to be close to what Jalen projects to be. It's like they think every random 2 guard who comes into the league is putting up massive monster games with huge efficiency. They try and spin it like "oh well he can't do it all the time, anybody could do that" deliberately blinding themselves to the fact that the vast majority of players can't do it ever in the first place...

7. TheBeastSystem

that is why i chose the slots i chose thank you very much

8. TheBeastSystem

we are not retanking

this is about broadening or window to build out and also our future contender window

numbers drastically improved against trash teams

go look at where those numbers improved

not against quality opponents

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. TheBeastSystem

but they've got 4 years of a rookie contract

age is not the only factor

4-yr control at a low price for a good prospect is worth something

10. TheBeastSystem

if one of the high lottery teams offered us a 2025 unprotected 1 plus a contract that would be too good to be true

we could then use a future pick to trade up into the mid first and snag edey

and we have solved salary cap problem number 1

paying both alpee and jg

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

And there are no guarantees in the draft. I suppose they want a new young player to absorb all the hate and blame.

Dobbizzle and JayGoogle like this.
  12. The geth & the reaper

The 5th pick should be available. Detroit isn’t making any improvements and they’re way behind Houston and Orlando in the rebuilding process.

Route Jalen to Atlanta, Atlanta trades Murray to Detroit, Detroit trades the 5 pick to Houston

Obviously other pieces would have to be included but this should allow Houston to have more assets to trade for a star player if available or replace the core players they would need to trade for said star.

Y2JT and NewAge like this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would not trade Jalen Green for the top 3 picks in this draft combined. :D

Still have a fool's hope for Jalen Green. Had it through the toughest times last year, and still have it now.

CarlosGM, Dobbizzle and cbass like this.
  14. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

This draft is so bad on one of the shows I was watching they said scouts have said this draft is so bad the #1 overall might only get you the 4th or 5th starter from a good team. We ain't getting that much for Green.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's basically this thread. No one seems to consider that draft picks are complete wildcards, especially in this particular draft.

Trading Jalen for a completely unproven rookie that has to also spend a year or two getting his feet under him sets this team back by quite a bit.

The contract situation is moot to me here, you can't keep kicking the can down the road year after year and no way is Ime approving a trade that nets him TWO rookies that he has to play. Yall remember he barely wanted to play the last two guys we JUST drafted and who are better prospects than 99% of this draft? Now we want to double down on a super weak draft all while trying to make the playoffs next season?

Jalen is an NBA guard and at his best can go nuclear on teams and look like Kobe. If you're expecting that out of Reed Sheppard day 1 then we'll see...and then trading him for a big I see some proposing? When is this big going to play? Going to play over Sengun? Bari? Adams? Jock?

Whoever we draft at 3 is going to find it hard getting minutes on this team, trading for another guy that will also find it difficult to get minutes seems like a huge mistake. If Jalen is traded it'll be for someone that can play and contribute right now today. Not a mystery box. Ime is not here to play these draft games year after year.

Not happening.

CarlosGM, thegary, Stephen_A and 3 others like this.
  16. cbass

cbass Member

Gross. Hard pass

CarlosGM and JayGoogle like this.
  17. NewAge

NewAge Member

Sure. But what if they add Ausar?
    Someone above said he'd take it in a hurry but DET would never do it.

I personally think it's fair deal.

dfbreyes likes this.
  18. cbass

cbass Member

5 and Ausar would make me think about it at least.

I have concerns about having both Thompson twins in the rotation if one (or both) of them doesn’t learn how to shoot, but good lord we would terrorize teams on defense.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Trading away a Top 5 Young guy is pretty rare in history even for Piston standards.

Detroit has let go of Bogdanovic, Alec Burks, Jerami Grant, Marvin Bagley and Christian Wood more easily.

20. Rokman

Rokman Member

Before the 2022 draft I proposed trading Jalen for the #1 or #2 pick in order to take any 2 combinations of Paolo, Chet and Jabari, take your pick, and got absolutely flamed for proposing that - BECAUSE - why would you trade a proven commodity in Jalen for an unknown. Well, I was one of the only people at the time who could see the level of Jalen's immaturity and inconsistency. Fast forward to today, everyone would jump on that trade faster than you can say yes.

I would love to see the Rockets add Shep, Clingan, Risacher and Sarr and possibly as a Green replacement Castle.

Y'all need to go back and look at the efficiency and shooting numbers from Jalen and see where they land not only for SG's but the whole damn league and tell me you want to build around this mother*ucker!

Some of y'all act like that kid with a toy he doesn't really want but as soon as someone else touches it y'all throw a fit and scream MINE! MINE! MINE!

I would have no problem trading Jalen for Clingan straight up. That dude has winner written all over him. Jalen, not going to say what I really think cause I think it's too harsh, doesn't.

AroundTheWorld and NewAge like this.