1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hush Money Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Tim Scott was also in NY this week. It is positive that the party has begun to coalesce around the presumptive nominee. I don't think they are checking Clutchfans to see if NRF is making fun of them for supporting the former president.

I can't imagine the jury not having reasonable doubt if Costello testifies. Will convicting him of a misdemeanor be an option when they begin deliberating guilt or innocence?

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No Worries, FranchiseBlade and adoo like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's positive they nominated a person facing dozens of felony indictments and they support that?

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

How many people wait until they are in their 70s before becoming a felon? I am guessing very few.

Shouldn't we wait until he is convicted of one before presuming his guilt?

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Excellent point. No one ever said anything about Trump's criminality until he hit his 70s.

No Worries, FranchiseBlade and Amiga like this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Why are you stating this when you already stated you are voting for him?

7. Nook

Nook Member

Bill Cosby was one until his conviction was overturned.

Other examples would be Bernie Madoff..... Epstein was in his 60's..... a number of Chicago mafia members were felons for the first time in their 60's and 70's.... Harvey Weinstein was nearly 70..... Gary Glitter? Phil Spector?

Lots of older men have gone to jail an convicted of felonies while geriatric - and almost all are over sexual assault or financial issues.

Based on the incredible amount of allegations against Trump over the last 45 years, it is amazing that he has not been convicted of sexual assault, if nothing else.

Having said that - there is no way that the nominee for a major political party is going to be convicted of a felony at this point.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

He hasn't been presumed guilty.

Nominating someone indicted of multiple felonies isn't something either party should do. Even if innocent, the fact that he put himself in that position isn't a positive leadership quality for the person potentially leading the most powerful nation in the world.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Look at South Korea. They have a special thing about former presidents. 4 out of the recent 6 former presidents in SK have faced major criminal indictments (2 convicted and sentenced to prison). Apparently, those former presidents only commit crimes after being one too, at a ripe old age. There seems to be some political involvement in these, but there are also substantive allegations of criminal wrongdoing.

Nook likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say raping a teen at Epstein's house of young girls being sex trafficked for sick rich pedos was a felony. The dude's probably been committing felonies his whole life, with all his sexual assaults, business scams, and fraud. Paying people to go away, and paying people to make them go away are everyday business with Trump. How many people get away with so much for so long? How many people have been sued hundreds of times for being stiffed or abused over the years, and come out free from jail? I'll tell ya who. Rich entitled twats with a lot of connections. I don't doubt for a second that Trump has NOT lead a clean life, and abided by the law. Too many facts dispute that theory.

#750 deb4rockets, May 16, 2024
    Last edited: May 16, 2024
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Justia link?

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

The only evidence that Trump knew of the payments is... the word of Michael Cohen.

Astrodome likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Don't waste my time, asking me to research all those different cases for you. It's old news. Years of old news about court cases and lawsuits of all types going back decades, payoffs, settlements, coverups and all. Shows how little you really know about that lying con.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I guess it was a positive that manson's followers began to coalesce around their leader too...

ROCKSS and dobro1229 like this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Are you sure? You think the Republican politicians who have shown up at the Court is not presuming anything and is waiting for a verdict? This is what Trump supporter like to ponder about with MAGA honesty.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Except the text messages, recordings, paying his legal services for the amount plus the taxes involved, the testimony of other witnesses that he knew and made the payments etc.

ROCKSS likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

In the same respect, shouldn't the MAGA clowns and die hard Republicans stop calling this a witch hunt, and claiming everyone else BUT Trump is crooked or lying before the evidence is presented in court?

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Having this level of detailed understanding pretty much removes the vail that you are somehow just a casual observer and not deeply entrenched on what right wing propaganda is out there trying to peddle.

Anyone presuming to know exactly how the Jury will rule here is fooling themselves. Trump's defense was always going to be able to make a case regarding Cohen's credibility and create potential reasonable doubt if the Jury decides that what they bring up is enough to create that doubt.

The prosecutors would have never brought this case if they didn't think in their closing argument they could close up what the defense laid out in regards to Cohen's credibility. Obviously the prosecution thinks they can close the trial smacking down Cohen's past lies, and land a conviction.

We'll see.... it's a jury trial. Not a mathematical formula.

Xopher, ROCKSS and Astrodome like this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think we are all anxiously awaiting the prosecution's hush money evidence to be presented. Both sides.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with most of that although I have been watching more CNN than whatever entrenchment insult you threw at me in the first sentence.

I would enjoy finding non biased media. It's hard these days.