1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Donovan Mitchell?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, May 15, 2024.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Rockets don't want to move backwards or destroy the Team Chemistry. Donovan Mitchell is a Culture Killer.

Just like Ben Simmons this dumb Forum wanted. I never wanted Ben Simmons and I don't want this Team Killer in Donovan Mitchell.

1 other person and Invisible Fan like this.
  2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

How is he a team killer?

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Well you obviously never paid any attention when Donovan Mitchell literally had a Feud with Rudy Gobert COVID incident and Donovan was isolated because of it and much later the Team Chemistry was terrible on the Jazz and Donovan Mitchell requested a Trade.

Donovan Mitchell plays Iso ball on the Cavaliers and got destroyed by the Knicks last year and didn't include Evan Mobley in any plays, Evan stood in the corner waiting for the ball and it never goes to Evan. Donovan Mitchell wants to Iso.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I see. His stuff with garland in that orlando game showed some great leadership. Idk the brooks incident but brooks is a complete assclown so whatever happened to him, great, hate that guy. I wouldn’t give up the farm for him but if he was willing to extend i would definitely be interested

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Miami Heat or the Knicks. He doesn't like Houston or Dillon Brooks.

8. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Maybe if he can help us dump brooks that actually increases his value to the rockets.

9. cbass

cbass Member

What a nonsensical statement.

Did you miss last season? Brooks was good for us

10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Lol good is something he most certainly was not. Anything he gives you on defense he takes away much much more on offense. Even in a season that blew away expectations (because of the super lucky shooting for a couple weeks), he still sucked

11. cbass

cbass Member

Yeah that’s just not true and not based on the reality of what happened at all.

Whatever, you do you.

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

What impressed you? The 9.4 PER? The -0.9 vorp? The -3.6 BPM? All the EMP metrics i’ve posted are among the worst in the league. The guy sucks, it is what it is. The rockets were like 3 per 100 better when he was off the court as well

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/54...itchell-darius-garland-jb-bickerstaff-future/

Should Mitchell decide to stay long term, sources briefed on the matter say Garland’s representation, Klutch Sports CEO Rich Paul, would have a conversation with Cavs officials on potentially finding a new home for the one-time All-Star.

The Mitchell situation will be resolved this summer, and there is a growing sentiment around the league that the Cavaliers will be able to position themselves to receive his commitment for a lucrative contract extension that would keep him in Cleveland past his 30th birthday.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Boston has a deep ass team including JB and Tatum. No shame losing to them.

vince likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

We're paying FVV 40M rn. Surely Mitchell worth a 14M upgrade?

Like I said it depends on the price but assuming he resigns and doesn't cost much I'm on board.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m sure I’d learn to like him, but holy lord is he unlikable. I’d much prefer cheering for JG.

HD729, cbass and jcmoon like this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

PER is a terrible measure for a wing stopper like Brooks - if you want him to increase his PER you're basically saying he needs to shoot and create off the dribble more since it's a roll up of box score stats.

He doesn't.

20. ilias

ilias Member

1. Mitchell can be as good of a 1a option as it gets when you go beyond the top 6-7 untouchable players.
    2. He is best as a primary ball-handler next to a taller, defensive-minded guard. If we trade for Mitchell, we have to trade FVV.
    3. He and Sengun can run a very efficient playoffs offense, especially if we can pair them with some shooters on the wing
    4. Any discussion around a trade has to assume that he has agreed to re-signing in 2025
    5. I would trade Green, Brooks and multiple picks for him
    6. I’d then trade FVV+picks and/or young talent for 1 or 2 of Lauri/Ingram/Bridges
    7. A Mitchell, Ingram, Sengun trio with Amen, Jabari, Cam, Eason around them can do some damage. Upgrading from the young guys to Lauri would make us a serious contender for many years