1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No more NBA on TNT?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 16, 2022.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Ernie Johnson time and again voting against James Harden in MVP and picking Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook, Giannis.

Ernie Johnson I really believe talks to Adam Silver and basically went against James Harden in voting, referee bias in the playoffs. Scott Foster rigging games as usual.

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Glad that clown show will end. Shaqtin a Fool MVP James Harden segment, LeBron James and Kevin Durant picked James Harden last and Charles Barkley made fun of James Harden.

Too many stupid decisions by TNT, Award Show Failed, All Star Draft Failed, Dunk Contest Failed, 3 Point Contest Failed, Skill Contest Failed, All Star Game Rating All Time Worst Failed, Rookie Game Format Destroyed and Failed.

Imagine having the NBA worst decisions of the game in the meeting room with Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith, Shaq, Charles Barkley.

BigShasta and StroudAndYorDaddy like this.
  3. StroudAndYorDaddy

bro ernie to me is lowkey the ring leader i have always been saying this.. barkley and kenny would stand down a lot of the time because they knew the harden hate had kinda reached crazy levels especially with the level of production he was outputting on damn near a nightly basis

ernie is kinda seen as the "aww shucks" type of the guy on the set.. but he is the actual moderator and the conversations usually almost all the time start with his input. And literally every game the rockets played on tnt (which was usually a rockets win) i always found it strange how literally on every half-time show when the rockets were winning at the half the tnt studio would never discuss the first half highlights or break down the rockets success in the first half. If the rockets were the first half of the the double header.. then they would just crack jokes the entire segment and go to commericals twice before the 3rd quarter would start. And if the rockets had a game that was on the back half of the nighly doubleheader than the tnt studio guys would talk about and discuss the highlights of the first game of the doubleheader. It was like this every year after the shaqtin a fool mvp segment they gave harden in 2016. I think i heard about someone in the rockets organization complaining to the head of turner or the ceo.. cause i remember ernie and shaq laughing about it. I think it was tad brown

#123 StroudAndYorDaddy, May 16, 2024
    Last edited: May 16, 2024
    Jontro and BigShasta like this.
  4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its safe to assume NBC overbid for the rights, but watching Zaslav fumble another long time WB staple is not a surprise. I for one will be happy when he is fired.

StroudAndYorDaddy likes this.
  5. StroudAndYorDaddy

and its my belief that the turner guys told giannis to diss harden at the all-star game outta nowhere about prefering a guard "that liked to pass the ball" its almost like they were trying to get that "dribbler" nickname to stick smh. it was like they couldnt get harden to give them a sounbyte so they asked giannis to force harden to react to something giannis said. And if not for russell westbrook damn near forcing james harden to do that sitdown interview with rachel nichols harden would have let that diss by giannis slide as well

the thing that i find astoshing that somehow james never got credit for is never faking an injury in the playoffs. Like what dame and giannis just did, or embiid scoring 50 one night and then milking it when he knows the sixers are going home or recently with luka doncic... ( after doncics amazing game i guess the injury is gone huh) oh the injury will magically reappear when he has another terrible shooting performance then the camera will mysteriously pan over to him grabbing at his leg smh. They used to do the same thing with steph curry.. after every bad playoff game like clockwork they would say curry had some knee or ankle, wrist lol.. even off-the court wife problems

Its flat out amazing how harden could easily use the life long battle with struggling severely with asthma since he was a child, but never does. Harden will get his eye poked out by draymond green and then get critisized for not winning that game lol smh.

This season harden in the playoffs is amazing through the first 4 games, and paul george was literally only amazing in the first half of game 4... and somehow harden gets more criticism than the current "allstar" podcast p.. the media not even accounting for how terrible russell westbrook was on the court (he might as well have been wearing a mavs jersey)

#125 StroudAndYorDaddy, May 16, 2024
    Last edited: May 16, 2024
  6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

7. StroudAndYorDaddy

oh absoultely, adam silver has run the nba into the ground.. its so bad now that according to who you ask, adam silver is now marketing euros over american players going forward.. adumb was disguisted with this years allstar game and i guess has finally put his foot down.. jokic vs luka is going to be the be the wcf matchup for the foreseeable future. The problem once again is adumb silver is throwing **** at a wall and is seeing what sticks.. he is not factoring in that european players dont really translate to tv ratings like american born players. This is the same problem that crippled the mlb for a while, when they thought they could replace the black mlb players and take baseball fields out of the inner cities and focus on that potential japanese market, and then later the latin america market. The problem with marketing these international players is that the average kid who watches mlb and luckily the nba doesnt have this problem but your biggest stars having to rely on translators just rubs certian people whod rather hear english the wrong way.. sad to say

8. JW86

JW86 Member

YESSSSS!!! Bye bye Reggie Miller, Shaq, Kenny, SVG and all the other terrible commentators that are now employed by them. The nail in the coffin was allowing Draymond to be on that show as if he's some stand up guy. Apparently he's on now, allowed to discriminate Gobert and to be very unprofessional right now, right after everything that happened with his immature outbursts and unprofessional behavior on the court. Sorry about EJ though, but he will find something to do, and maybe good for him not to be surrounded by such low IQ guys. Set off into the sunset right when Lebron retires, seems fitting.

Jontro and StroudAndYorDaddy like this.
  9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

It doesn’t seem fitting because Bronny is entering the league now but maybe everyone knows Bronny is going to be just a role player and the hype is very low.

I find it odd they lost, and I honestly like the original 4 of Shaq, Ernie, Kenny and Charles, and I wish they 4 at least were able to stay together somehow.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Y’all got a lot of hate for a show that seems to be loved by the masses.

hlmbasketball likes this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The original is just Ernie, Kenny and Charles and should have stayed that way.

Tuckmose, Richie_Rich, JW86 and 2 others like this.
  12. StroudAndYorDaddy

the show was ONLY good with the original 3 cast members

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

@J.R. how many Emmy’s these guys win over at TNT. Sheeesh can’t believe it’s over

hlmbasketball likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

wonder what kinda podcast ernie will have and who his first guest will be. will he team up with skiyep? or do it alone in the style of shannon sharp?

16. JW86

JW86 Member

Bronny is nothing like Lebron entering and it's perfect because EJ is making way for a new era, one without MJ and Lebron - two most put in the GOAT debate.

It's not odd when you know what kind of state Warner Bros is in and how the CEO Zavada or whatever operates and is viewed by most people. They also got cocky by allowing the NBA to seek another deal and then didn't match that offer in time. WB is going down fast and my guess is the NBA just wasn't profitable enough and worth the 2.5 billion, let alone 2.8.

That doesn't mean much honestly. People go see big movie productions that are loved, but when you're into movies like fans can be into sports, analyzing it and requiring quality in different aspects and break the whole thing down, then it's just not up to par. Plus I find it disgusting how they prop up Draymond and allowed Shaq to ruin what was a good show from time to time. I realize we're in the minority, but I don't care. Definitely care little for the casual fans of anything over those who actually follow something and are passionate about it.

And it's not like I'm saying go back to the dry EJ in the studio, having only serious conversations with legends and other sportscasters at half-time and post-game, but there's much more to it then just running around talking ****, a big goof yelling "stop it" every other segment, another who is convinced his opinion is valid when it's complete horseshit and then another who believes he knows best just because he can articulate well. How long did they allow Chuck to spew his opinion that "shooting jumpers doesn't work" even when the Warriors had proven otherwise for years.

I could've accepted the jokes if the analysis was actually on point, provided true insight and was genuine. But it wasn't. These old guys yell at clouds was often true for Shaq, to a lesser degree Chuck and then Kenny was either laughing at the silliness of it all or chose a side. Unfortunately EJ's role got reduced tremendously with Kenny having to kind of be EJ and EJ just presenting points that go nowhere. So mainly things come to an unsatisfactory ending after a rant by one or a few of the three or just stays unresolved if it were.

CriscoKidd likes this.
  17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Draymond is so cringe as an analyst.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

18 sports Emmy’s

BigShasta likes this.
  19. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I am surprised NBC offered 2.5 billion per year for broadcasting NBA games.

I thought NBA product were very bad in recent years and ppl lost interest in watching the games. Apparently I was wrong.

I haven’t watched single game for two years because most games are very boring, no defense played and 30 points difference happened a lot. What do I know.

20. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

NBC will be boring. Sometimes, the TNT team was more entertaining than the game.