1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's both funny and sad to see the parade of Republican politicians show up to defend Trump outside of the courtroom. Especially people like JD Vance who criticized Trump very harshly in his book. I'm surprised that Lindsey Graham hasn't shown up to do his standard moral outrage and pretend to cry.

mdrowe00 and FrontRunner like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Anyone willing or able to refute this?

No Worries and ROCKSS like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good Grief. She is the head clown of Trump's MAGA representatives. Now we have the butt kissing trio sucking up for Trump VP, knowing the job is nothing more than serving up a plate of BS by Trump propaganda and lies echoer and undying loyalty to a psychopath. Sad bunch.

ROCKSS, MadMax and Xopher like this.
  4. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Well she is right, just not for the reasons she espoused

mdrowe00, Andre0087 and MadMax like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

Democrat women wore white to show solidarity women's rights (eg right to vote). maga republicans wore dark suits and red ties to show solidarity to a rapist fraud in his criminal trial...

6. NewRoxFan

7. NewRoxFan

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jamie Raskin dunking on a dumb republican is cute, but that’s not moving the needle

How about he use his platform and voice to tout what the Biden admin has actually accomplished since Biden and his handlers are seemingly incapable of doing so?

Idk if Joe Biden is trying to be humble or do some “action speaks louder than words” type of scheme…or even if the Dems are just that incompetent (most likely option), but there are way too many people who have no clue what he has actually done and are oblivious to the reality of this country

the way they allow MAGAts to make it seem like its the 80’s crack epidemic when it comes to crime with no pushback is pathetic atp

all the bullsh*t in “project 2025” or whatever the hell they call it plus Trump saying things like he wants police to be 100% immune from prosecution…I ain’t heard one peep from Biden or any prominent Democrat…all they’ll say is some generic “democracy is at stake”

What is Biden trying to deliver if he’s re-elected? What is he promising? I haven’t heard sh*t

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's disgusting. Does that scumbag even realize how many people die without proper healthcare? Does that guy have a clue about how many people can't even afford the medicines and treatment to give them a chance of living longer? That's just a flat out lie, and ignorant take on a situation that is real for millions of Americans. I guarantee you the ones saying this type of BS have healthcare, and don't just pray that their diabetes, cancer, heart and kidney problems, strokes, or tumors get cured by prayers.

No Worries likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Unfortunately, it won't matter. Biden tweets out accomplishments. His comms teams send out messaging constantly. Speeches are made continually.

But... the maga side is much more focused on what fox news, oann, newsmax and what they get from youtube, podcasts and talk radio shows. A steady stream of disinformation. Heck... my in-laws record fox news for god knows what reason (I can only guess they watch it after all their favorite CBS shows are over).

No amount of Biden speeches will overcome that sort of addiction.

Newlin, ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s not just about the MAGA mindless drones…What about the independents, low information, and out of the loop voters? I’ll get all these right wing ads on Youtube at times, but I have yet to see a Dem ad or anything touting his accomplishments.

all the republicans fall in line behind Trump and spout his lies 24/7 to the public…they flood all forms of social media with their agenda…Dems don’t do the same spewing Biden’s accomplishments 24/7…instead they waste time embarrassing MTG or some other MAGAt for the 100th time to go viral or make fun of Trump sleeping in court

Democrats remain terrible at messaging and Biden has the worst PR team in American history

Police target black men more than any other group in America, and Trump wants them to be immune from prosecution, yet his support among black males is increasing? Joe Biden and the rest of the Democrats, hello? What are u promising the black community?

Why should someone want 4 more years of Joe Biden? The message is not out there.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Too bad all of them are mostly lying thieves. Then expecting (not saying you just in general) busy people trying to enjoy their lives to wade through all of it.

13. NewRoxFan

While I agree that Democrats are and have been less effective at "marketing", I don't entirely agree with the "winning over independents" part. I think the overwhelming number of American's minds are already made up. How can they not? They had 4 years of trump and almost 4 years of Biden. What more "convincing" do "independents" need?

Sure... it would be great if there was a fox alternative that pushed out pro-Biden and anti-trump messaging 24/7 that had the same viewership as fox, and it would also be great if talk radio and social media had a balance.

Just look at this discussion group... how many people here do you think are still deciding? Oh, I know a few people pretend to not already have their minds made. Now expand that to the larger voting public.

Honestly, if anyone out their honestly can't see the difference in the two candidates, they deserve what they get.

Rashmon likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Disgusting bunch.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

their minds can easily be changed when they are bombarded with anti-Biden rhetoric and republican propaganda 24/7 with minimal pushback from the Dems either to the point that they vote for Trump or just don’t show up…I see plenty of “couch 2024” rhetoric…I personally know several people that say they just aren’t going to vote, and 1 of my buddies is freaking voting for RFK Jr because he hates Trump but thinks Biden is terrible

this discussion group is not representative of the real world or the average voter…a very small percentage of the population is aware of or following politics to the point where they’d be discussing it on a basketball message board…hell, of the thousands of posters registered on CF, there can’t be more than 20-30 people who post on this part of the board on even just a semi-regular basis

the occasional tweet or speech from Biden isn’t cutting it…Dems will let u know every single day how badly they beat the republicans when it comes to fundraising, yet the republican propaganda is everywhere and any pro-Dem ad touting Biden’s accomplishments or pushing back on the propaganda is nowhere to be seen…

when it comes to Dem social media: 10x more discussion or videos making fun of Donald farting and sleeping in court or talking about the crowd size for his latest rally than anything that has to do with a Biden accomplishment

ROCKSS likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Dems already lost to Trump once, and although Biden won the popular vote by 7-8 million, the number of votes that actually decided the election was significantly smaller…this election shouldn’t even be close, yet here we are with the real possibility that they could lose yet again

the Dem incompetence is just nauseating at this point

ROCKSS and Xopher like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely the Democrats need to get out more and message better. I think we'll see more of that coming and I think it was a very good move to accept the two debates including one in June. Over the summer we'll see the Biden campaign work around the debates and the conventions to get the message more out.

That said as we've seen since 2016 it's hard to run against Trump because he is so unconventional. Clinton tried just focusing on how bad Trump was and didn't tout enough of what she was going to do. Biden is getting criticized for not going after Trump enough while trying to focus on getting stuff like legislation accomplished.

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

The debates will be key IMO, when you have to talk about your accomplishments and what you will actually in the future is important. The fact checking is the one place where the dems better nail trump with his lies and flip flops, will trump still flaunt the abortion angle of pushing it back to the state.........and Uncle Jow needs to hammer him on what wasn't done when trump was President and how he left America........throw in a joke or two about the stock market just reached a new high but trump wants to take credit for it. I think Joe can lose some independents if he doesn't go toe to toe because we know trump cant help but lie as he really hasnt done anything like Infrastructure and Chips

I agree with @Reeko that the dems suck at messaging, there needs to be a full court press once the debates start and hammering the differences between them and calling out the lies............I think a few surrogates will need to det down and dirty and talk nonstop about J Carroll and Stormy and the Access Hollywood tape needs to be on a loop along with every bankruptcy. I am sure maga and the gop will be all hunter/joe crime family bs 24/7.........I wont even be shocked if trump calls Joe "Crooked Joe" on stage...........if Biden pulled that crap, the fox variety show would talk about how disrespectful joe was but if and when trump does it they wont say a word.

I am nervous what a trump 2nd term would look like and I wont be shocked if he wins, voters are fickle, and they have short memories and to be honest some don't care about anything other than the price of bread at HEB and if it's to high it's the prez fault.

Reeko likes this.