1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There's NO WAY our phones are not listening to us.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, May 14, 2024.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I now have 99 lives but I don't want to try it out.

AroundTheWorld and boomboom like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

If you have an iPhone you're explicitly agreeing to be an easily trackable revenue source-pleb for big tech.

If you want to hide from big brother, get an Android and hack the **** out of it.

Two Sandwiches, IBTL and boomboom like this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Do people understand how scary Google Timeline is?

It knows where you've been every second of every day.
    It knows what other Android users you've been with and for how long. (Not sure if Google can track your location on an iPhone).
    If you use Chrome and Google Search, Google is inside your head.
    The only thing missing is recording all sounds and voices around you.

Over the past couple of decades. my instincts have been to be anti-Microsoft, anti-Zuckerberg, anti-Apple, anti-Bezos and meh towards Google. But it seems very obvious to me Google is the scariest of the bunch. That said, being anti-Zuckerberg will always be #1 on list list for me.

AroundTheWorld and Xerobull like this.
  4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Google knows.

lactating...

pregnant...

latinas

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

you mean they don't know already?

try: nest thermostat.....cameras.....doorbells....

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Speaking of doorbells, I have a Ring which is owned by Bezos (ugh!).

I refuse to have anything to do with Zuck. I quit FB over 10 years ago and did the same with Instagram and WhatsApp after he bought them.

"We" have to make sure these big tech companies stay at odds with each other (if they aren't fooling us now). Apple's utter hatred for Meta is a good thing. Amazon treating anything Google touches as radioactive is a good thing. I hate to admit this, but it's probably good that Amazon prevents Google and Microsoft from dominating web services.

I have a sinking feeling mergers are coming among these giants in the next 5-7 years because one or two of them is going competitively weaponize AI better/earlier than the others. I want Apple to crush Zuck's empire.

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Disregard phone, acquire privacy.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No wonder tinmans feed is all ED pills and penis implants.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You basically have to pay cash / burner phone (if you need phone). Don't sign into anything/especially social media.

What sucks with pay apps/cards even there are databases that get sold and it's all linked together and will be more intrusive as time goes on. It's only going to get worse from here with the amount of data being stored/faster cell networks. This is going to see exponential growth, and it's already crazy the amount of data tech is tracking/keeping on these profiles.

I basically don't use many social apps/share much. I know I'm tracked like everyone but it's much less than what other people opt into/provide for free. I also set up my home network to block redirect tracker links/strip ads entirely. So even if they do have something I don't see it, at least at home.

It's a pain though, and sometimes feel like walking away from it all, but I work in tech sooooo Yay. I definitely am not a ghost but would prefer to remain as close to it as possible.

I also think the amount of data apple/Google/ms/fb etc. have is insane and we're literally still in the early stages of this with where it's headed.

IBTL likes this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

4 am?! 4 am?!

hit me on that burner, cuz the feds on mah phone.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Coincidentally, Google also ditched the "don't be evil" mantra at some point along the way...

12. conquistador#11

Just here on the ads. I googled is it normal to go pee 10x a day when I drink almost a gallon of water?
    I log on to this forum here and get ads for Adult diapers. wtf

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Even crazier:

The government (and possibly multiple governments) can listen to you through your phone any time they want. Doesn't matter if you opted into a setting or not.

If they want.

Ubiquitin likes this.