1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So basically no Palestinian can be trusted to not support Hamas is what you’re saying?

I was reading about the Amritsar massacre by British forces of a peaceful protests of Indians in 1919 and your reasoning sounds remarkably similar to the Colonel Reginal Dyer’s justification.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reginald_Dyer

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also genocide isn't justified even if every single Palestinian says they support Hamas.

Also, it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Destroy enough of their neighborhoods, kill enough of their loved ones, the more you get Palestinians to rally behind Hamas.

If every israeli said they support the Likud party, genocide isn't justified.

durvasa likes this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am going to read this book by known leftist and Islamist Shlomo Sand.

Amiga and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is it still “collateral damage” if you bomb a population believing they are either with Hamas or are likely to reconstitute Hamas at a later point? Isn’t it just an extermination at that point?

This thread has gotten really dark and depressing.

Amiga and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I would be shocked if the IDF could not secure the whole territory in a few days.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol I guess trashing college campuses didn’t stop the IDF

ROXRAN, AroundTheWorld and basso like this.
  8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

So much for it being secret.
    Israel can strike Iran with impunity but it could not do the same to Turkey. No amount of US aid would make that different.

#10149 Ubiquitin, May 14, 2024
    Last edited: May 14, 2024
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't have been blackmailed to wait so long to do it.

basso likes this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

They definitely do not need 2000 lb bombs to achieve this aim.

12. astros123

astros123 Member

What do you mean by "secure" when the areas they've cleared already have hamas coming back at full force. Until Israel has a plan for what happens post war hamas will continue re surfacing as IDF doesn't have a large enough force to occupy the taken land

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Nope. I want the other option, where the remaining Palestinians after Hamas is destroyed are peace-loving friends and partners of Israel. I suspect that this is a fantasy that has been sold for 75 years, but we can hope for the best. I believe that they are locked into a never ending war and the only conclusion will be one side either leaves or is wiped out. Genocide is the least favorable outcome, I would just prefer Israel to be on the winning side of it.
    No, that is what the people who say there is no possibility of a military victory are saying, that no matter how many Hamas are eliminated, the people in Gaza will always return Hamas to power. I think they are likely correct, that the vast majority of the people in Gaza are pro-terrorism, and anti-Israel, and that if Israel withdrew tomorrow and returned to how they were postured on October 6, 2023, either Hamas would reform and continue attacking them or another militant group would rise in its place and continue attacking them. I hope the fantasy that the college protesters are operating on is right, that once Israel wipes out Hamas (or the vast majority of Hamas fighters at least), that the remaining Gazans will be peaceniks living side by side with Israel in sunshine and rainbows. I just don't think it is likely.
    Except Dyer was not in the middle of a war, he fired on unarmed and peaceful people having a meeting, so it is nothing at all like fighting Hamas. If I had advocated machine gunning campus protesters, that would be a closer comparison.

#10153 StupidMoniker, May 14, 2024
    Last edited: May 14, 2024
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So if every Palestinian supports Hamas then genocide is the acceptable result?

Do you think Hamas is an existential threat to the sovereignty of Israel?

astros123 likes this.
  15. HTM

HTM Member

Wonder if Mossad will go abroad moving forward to places like Qatar to kill these Hamas leaders living in safety

tinman likes this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Meaning they have unrestricted, unchallenged movement.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hamas are cowards they would hide anywhere

except for Red Lobster cause all those locations are being closed
    @Ubiquitin
    @AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld, basso and ROXRAN like this.
  18. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Mossad isn’t allowed in Red Lobster. Not Kosher.

19. astros123

astros123 Member

That's what these low iq donks don't understand @AroundTheWorld @ROXRAN . Until you have a post war governoring plan for Gaza hamas will keep resurfacing cuz theres no governoring structure in the area. That's why capturing rafah won't accomplish **** cuz until you have a plan for what happens after you capture it nothing matters.

Were seeing the most incompetent military invasion in modern history. They have no idea what to do and why Americans are trying to pivot away from Israel.

The only person who gets it is @Nook . He's been right on the money all along

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

@astros123 - your post above is complete nonsensical stupid drivel from you once again. Your contention is saying Oh the places Israel cleared is “not clear” and the only reason soldiers got wounded is because Israel hasn’t “declared who will govern” …I’m sorry but that’s pretty effing stupid. It doesn’t matter if Israel has declared who will or won’t govern at this moment- that has no bearing on whether certain areas are completely clear -this is not a video game. Hamas will pop its head up among civilians and that is why they need to be dealt with …Instead of your comatose President Biden who is more a puppet head at this point trying to protect Hamas he should be encouraging Israel to wipe them the Fock out …Once that’s done then I’m completely open to a non Hamas government

AroundTheWorld and basso like this.